Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-29-2021, 11:06 AM)kblake Wrote: Added RTX, MO, TSM and PEP

Glad I dumped most of my tech stocks a few weeks back. They are getting the cream kicked out of them lol
They are so tough to hold long-term, and if you don't you miss out.  I'll keep insisting the real lesson is valuation matters.  You'll get killed eventually if you get too greedy.  The big boys haven't even got hurt yet.  IMO it's because their valuations are too high, but not almost certainly impossible to justify in five years insanity levels.  There is a line somewhere.
What do you guys see in RTX at the moment?

Long story short: I was the biggest fan of it before the merger. After the merger, not so much. And then covid? Even less of a fan.
Air travel will return, that is certain. But all of that is already baked into RTX share price. Don't even try to tell me it's undervalued here. It'll take years, if not decades, to fix what the merger and covid did to the balance sheet. (that used to be absolutely pristine)

I still have my RTX. But all the money that I have going into the sector is LHX & LMT, I don't think I've bought Raytheon after 2018 or so.
(03-29-2021, 11:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Glad I dumped most of my tech stocks a few weeks back. They are getting the cream kicked out of them lol
They are so tough to hold long-term, and if you don't you miss out.  I'll keep insisting the real lesson is valuation matters.  You'll get killed eventually if you get too greedy.  The big boys haven't even got hurt yet.  IMO it's because their valuations are too high, but not almost certainly impossible to justify in five years insanity levels.  There is a line somewhere.

I have decided just to hold my dividend TECH stocks and stay away from all that hype. TXN, AVGO, APPL, MSFT, VGT and TSM is enough to have lol
(03-29-2021, 11:27 AM)kblake Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 11:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I have decided just to hold my dividend TECH stocks and stay away from all that hype. TXN, AVGO, APPL, MSFT, VGT and TSM is enough to have lol
Those are as safe as it will get short of a real correction.  I hold some of them too.
I'm doing the tech stock bleeding so the rest of you don't have to lol.

Raytheon was my first job out of college, btw. I stayed only 11 months.
(03-29-2021, 12:00 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm doing the tech stock bleeding so the rest of you don't have to lol.

Raytheon was my first job out of college, btw.  I stayed only 11 months.

Raytheon was my first ever investment outside of my own country. And it was my largest holding from the day I bought it until last year.
What made you leave so fast?
(03-29-2021, 12:00 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: I'm doing the tech stock bleeding so the rest of you don't have to lol.

Raytheon was my first job out of college, btw.  I stayed only 11 months.

Thanks, but most of us have had a good tech bloodletting or two on our resume lol.  It really is tough now though.  I'm jealous when the gang here is scoring on stocks trading off 2026 maybe earnings.  I ignored the tech drop and nibbling now.  Some of the high fliers are real stocks that will rebound strong and it will likely only be a few months from now.  Do you buy at 25% 50% or 75% off?  All of the above is probably the best answer but we never know.  I try really hard to not be out of money well before the bottom, wherever it turns out to be.  That is a helpless feeling.  I relearned that lesson last March.  If  you can manage to grab some shares at the bottom you are at least back to even much faster on anything that is in the red.
Sold out DG, had bought on the recent drop. Dint expect it to run up 20% in less than a month.
added more PLTR, AVGO and WTRG
(03-29-2021, 12:42 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold out DG, had bought on the recent drop. Dint expect it to run up 20% in less than a month.
If sure recovered from the dip quickly.  It's a LT position in my growth port but it will consolidate most likely.
Bought ARKX right out of the gate lol
(03-30-2021, 08:35 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought ARKX right out of the gate lol

Ha I did the same. Bought 200 shares to start on ARKX

Also added to AVGO, PG, HRL and MKC

Sold some KSS and ETH

Hey Eric what are you thought on CRPS, EDIT, and all those crisper stocks. I know you bought a lot higher. Are you adding at these levels? Just curious