Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(It's already at 22.58)
(03-26-2021, 02:52 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 02:42 PM)Otter Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 02:10 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 01:46 PM)vbin Wrote: Sold puts on PLTR. Closed a put on abnb and a call on bp.
Still watching PLTR.  As soon as I see any sign of a bottom I am joining you.  Stock death spirals suck, even when you know it will end in the next few months.

I've just been adding shares on the way down, mostly under $25. Like T, I'm willing to give it the next three years for my investment thesis to play out. I think PLTR will be able to maintain stellar growth figures over the next several years. Also, I've seen it pop to the upside 20% in a day, so timing a bottom could be tricky if there is a sudden reverse.

I agree on PLTR. I bought some today at $21.70. I'm not worried if it falls to $20. It can easily go right back to $28-30. I cant time the bottom so I'm not worried about pennies when I can make dollars. Fenders if you want to own it, then own it. Buy it here. Monday it will be back to $23  Big Grin
I apparently don't need it that bad or I would have owned it 10% higher.  Nobody is giving up on it yet so we haven't hit bottom yet.  Once in a while I dodge the bullet.  Honestly though the CEO implied he don't care if they make money anytime soon.  That kinda makes me want to get in somewhere near the bottom or just let it pass.  

March was one of the best months I have had in a long time.  This month I'm the windshield so I'll probably be the bug in April.

Sold a DKNG put to end the day.  I'm in fairly deep in sketchy stuff you guys like now so it should get more volatile for me any day now.  Smile
This is the time to stay away from sketchy stuff. Pltr ain't sketchy though. No idea about dkng.
(03-26-2021, 04:05 PM)vbin Wrote: This is the time to stay away from sketchy stuff. Pltr ain't sketchy though. No idea about dkng.
Apparently the market cap was sketchy or it wouldn't be down 50% on no real news in an epic bull market.  The market caps on the recent high flyers are pretty nuts in a lot of cases.
no exact dates, but nibbled/added/new to

QCOM/MGA/XOM/APPL/WMB/5 top Canadian banks (a little back)/tdoc/baba/pypl/pstg/ipoe/zm/kmi/twou

i think that's about it

my favorite as of lately has been ipoe which is a spac that will merge into sofi....sofi has been on my radar for over 10 years and they really took a change when they had to clean house due to some harassment issues. Was always a big fan of the concept only to become a bigger fan. Really like this company. I know, not a divi player but I have a mix bag.
Thanks for the tip on MGA! Looks like a great DGI stock. WMB looks enticing too with that dividend. Not sure what to think of IPOE Smile
(03-27-2021, 11:54 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Thanks for the tip on MGA!  Looks like a great DGI stock.  WMB looks enticing too with that dividend.  Not sure what to think of IPOE SmileM
Mister Wonderful from Shark Tanks hypes MGA.  Big Grin   It seems like solid advice and I've been following it awhile.  I  posted my first MGA trade yesterday.  It does look a good one as they manufacture a lot of EV parts.  Dip looks inviting.
long time MGA shareholder, it's been a great investment
(03-27-2021, 01:01 PM)rayray Wrote: long time MGA shareholder, it's been a great investment
I think it will continue to do well going forward.  I had not heard of it until a month ago when I started tracking it.
(03-26-2021, 04:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 04:05 PM)vbin Wrote: This is the time to stay away from sketchy stuff. Pltr ain't sketchy though. No idea about dkng.
Apparently the market cap was sketchy or it wouldn't be down 50% on no real news in an epic bull market.  The market caps on the recent high flyers are pretty nuts in a lot of cases.
Depends on how you look at it. Anyway, at $45 even I was a seller. Net net it's 100+% up since ipo.

Sold a rtx put.
(03-29-2021, 09:53 AM)vbin Wrote:
(03-26-2021, 04:43 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
Depends on how you look at it. Anyway, at $45 even I was a seller. Net net it's 100+% up since ipo.

Sold a rtx put.

I mostly look at PS and PE with projections a few years out because it's tough to predict after that.  What it might be truly worth in ten years is tough to properly discount because we never know the probability of the might thesis.
Added RTX, MO, TSM and PEP

Glad I dumped most of my tech stocks a few weeks back. They are getting the cream kicked out of them lol