Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-23-2021, 10:34 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought MTB on the dip. Great bank, great dividend and the acquisition of People Bank last month was very positive. Anyone Own it?

I would have owned it, but sold my shares of People Bank before the acquisition date.

Added to AXP and O today.
Getting some nice dips in good dividend stocks like CAT, CMI, AXP and others. There’s dips if you look hard lol
Interesting day. My overweight UTE port is flying high again with another ATH. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I never dreamed that would work out so soon. UTEs are running hard with the 10yr treasury rate a bit higher than what panic crashed them just a couple weeks ago. The market remains irrational. I have more cash than I care to and trying to get some in the market without chasing. I'm invested enough but did what I could to get engaged and not make it too much worse.

Sold a GNRC put, I need some more industrial exposure.
Sold a RGR and VSTO puts again today. Nobody sells guns and ammo like Democrats. Crazy as it sounds it's true.
Sold a SOXL put. First time ever. My conservative spin on a crazy volatile ETF. The premiums are sweet and the market will have to crash hard to hurt me.

Now I need a place to spend the new cash. Confident the market will be choppy enough if I am a little patient.
Wow you are right. It's a miserable day for me, but WEC, NEE, and XEL are my 3 highest earners today.

SOXL - ha! Now you're talking Smile
(03-23-2021, 01:38 PM)divmenow Wrote: Getting some nice dips in good dividend stocks like CAT, CMI, AXP and others. There’s dips if you look hard lol
CAT looked really good when I bought it at $125 last year.  Not so much $100 higher on a tiny dip now.  Industrials will likely run some more IMO but this is a momentum play now as PE's are out of bounds.  The music will likely play for awhile but you better be nimble if you pay double for smokestack stocks.  Buy and hold it and you'll be sorry.  The whole damn market is a momentum play with few exceptions and I hate it.
(03-23-2021, 02:19 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Wow you are right.  It's a miserable day for me, but WEC, NEE, and XEL are my 3 highest earners today.

SOXL - ha!  Now you're talking Smile

Remind me and I'll show you how to spin completely crazy into normal on the conservative options thread.
TSM down to $108 AH’s. Time to add some
(03-23-2021, 04:52 PM)divmenow Wrote: TSM down to $108 AH’s. Time to add some

Thanks for the heads-up. I know what I will buy tomorrow. Smile
TSM must be down on the new INTC fab plant news. It will take years for that to impact TSM. I'll be adding tomorrow if it stays down.
(03-23-2021, 06:38 PM)fenders53 Wrote: TSM must be down on the new INTC fab plant news.  It will take years for that to impact TSM.  I'll be adding tomorrow if it stays down.

Agreed and that’s exactly why it’s down. I’m not worried about INTC, and infect prefer AMD.  Like you said it will take many years. I was able to get some TSM $107.90
I was about half done building a TSM position. AMD doesn't fab chips. That takes big capital they don't have. The world needs more capacity. Coming out of a recession and scores of companies can't get chips. Auto companies with lines shut down etc. Seems crazy that could happen. 5G will make the shortages worse as more devices are in use. If semi stocks aren't a decent investment now we should just give up lol.

EDIT- if I am wrong about AMD please correct me. I was under the impression they spent 25 years trying to dethrone INTC because they had trouble competing with their ability to fab in mass qty before they forgot how to execute on the cutting edge tech.
On another subject I tried to do some DD on EV battery trends and associated raw materials. Sounds like there will be a rush to mine everything as new battery types evolve in a hurry. Maybe CAT is going to $500 after all. Smile