Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-18-2021, 11:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(03-18-2021, 10:11 AM)ChadR Wrote: Decided to spend the stimulus money on stocks today.

AAPL (10 shares to make it an even 400 shares, I am done buying AAPL it is too large for my portfolio), DG, ABBV, AVGO, BIP, CSCO, WEC, GD, GILD, and UPS.

Wow yeah that's a whole lot of Apple Smile Outside of my company stock, my largest non-etf holding is Microsoft which I have about $6k in.

Thanks for the tip on GILD I hadn't seen that one before mentioned here.  5 year trend isn't good, but do you think they are close to turning things around?
This is how you get alpha in the market.  Invest like you mean it in a few solid conviction plays.  Chad gives the impression he is disciplined and buys some shares when the sky is a little black.  Build shares over time, not panic buy a huge position after it's run. 

GILD was a market darling in the past.  They were punished for basically curing a disease and killing their golden goose.  It's tough to compare now vs then for GILD.
added NKE, GD, NEE and WEC
Also added PTON
Guys... What are your views on C3.AI (AI) ?
I've been buying it since it came down to 110$ and then have been consistently averaging down and have finally reached 231 shares @ $94.28
But it just seems to be tanking every day :-(
Don't want to be left holding this bag (already invested almost 22K in it).
I know that Tom Siebel is a SMART individual and that this company has some pretty good customers.
Other than the fact that TECH is under severe pressure due to their crazy growth and overvaluation in 2020, do you guys know of anything that could be causing this company to tank to these levels... Anyone invested in it ?
Read up on their expiration clause and then sell covered calls atleast could be one strategy.

I think the ipo was too over priced. I haven't looked at them closly becouse I don't like them much.
I added a few NKE as well along with NEE, TSM and QCOM

Sold out of USB, BOH and BMTC - Banks have had such a long run in recent weeks and these were all bought near the lows) I like banks but valuations are becoming a bit over extended with the whole raising of interest rates.. I still have JPM, MTB, MS and BMO so that's plenty banks for now.

Put some of the proceeds in XOM and EOG
(03-19-2021, 11:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: I added a few NKE as well along with NEE, TSM and QCOM

Sold out of USB, BOH and BMTC - Banks have had such a long run in recent weeks and these were all bought near the lows) I like banks but valuations are becoming a bit over extended with the whole raising of interest rates.. I still have JPM, MTB, MS and BMO so that's plenty banks for now.

Put some of the proceeds in XOM and EOG
And our ports just keep getting more similar every week.  Smile 

I have plenty of cash but not much to buy other than a few nibbles.  Mostly dancing with options as triple witching expiration is here today.  For those who play with options, today was interesting.  First time in a while I was underwater in some short puts.  DG at strike $197.50 NKE at $139 and ENPH at $160.

ENPH was simple.   Roll the strike down 15 and a few weeks forward.  $300 additional premium while I wait.

NKE no problem.  Rolled it down to 136.  I've rolled it forward a couple times now and it's working out fine every time.

DG, just stuck for now.  Had to roll it forward at the same strike and the additional premium was pocket change.  It needs to get in the mid 190s and that might be a long wait.

This time more volatile stocks were FAR easier to manage.  I have no problem owning more shares of these stocks long-term and that makes MUCH this easier.
Bought some CP. Always wanted to own it. KSU purchase I see as a positive and they also announced a 5-1 stock split. This will become 10 year hold at least for me.

Also added some V
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(03-22-2021, 08:44 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some CP. Always wanted to own it.  KSU purchase I see as a positive and they also announced a 5-1 stock split.  This will become 10 year hold at least for me.

Also added some V

Wow CP has some impressive 5 year growth!  KSU is nice too.  I like railroad board games so maybe I'll pick them up too Smile
(03-22-2021, 08:44 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some CP. Always wanted to own it.  KSU purchase I see as a positive and they also announced a 5-1 stock split.  This will become 10 year hold at least for me.

Also added some V
KSU is a good rail that was very expensive.  The railroad deck just got reshuffled.  I only own UNP at the moment.  Time for more research. I'll probably add something to the sector soon.   

I have a ton of cash after Friday's option expiration.  Gonna be tough not to force trades but cash really is trash in excess with inflation almost a certainty.
(03-22-2021, 09:42 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Also added some V
KSU is a good rail that was very expensive.  The railroad deck just got reshuffled.  I only own UNP at the moment.  Time for more research. I'll probably add something to the sector soon.   

I have a ton of cash after Friday's option expiration.  Gonna be tough not to force trades but cash really is trash in excess with inflation almost a certainty.

Curious to see what ideas your research comes up with.
I do love the idea of owning a railroad company but damn those valuations have been through the roof for a while now!
For the DGI port: added to AVGO, TSM

For the pure income part of my portfolio, added to ORC and NLY, and started positions in two Pimco funds:
PCI
PFL