Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Abbv on discount today
Sold abbv put.
Hey Fenders are you buying your 1 share of DG on this $10 dip this morning lol

This will probably see $150 now. Not only did they miss earnings, but they also gave weak guidance. Not good. I expected much better from them.
(03-18-2021, 06:48 AM)divmenow Wrote: Hey Fenders are you buying your 1 share of DG on this $10 dip this morning lol

This will probably see $150 now. Not only did they miss earnings, but they also gave weak guidance. Not good. I expected much better from them.
LOL I wish it was about one share.  I have a short put open and it's not strike 170 lol.  I'll be rolling that and only eating some of the drop tomorrow.  Guidance was likely a sandbag.  I am building a position so it doesn't matter.  I won't be shaken out of DG.  This won't be the last retail shocker.  COMPS will be a bear and consumers can switch gears quickly.      

I have more puts open near earnings than usual. (DG,CSIQ and NKE).  CSIQ beat and I'm not worried about NKE. I'll be doing some buying tomorrow finally. As least that's the plan. 10yr treasury is going to create some buying OPs soon. I'm fairly confident of that. At least my gold minors are kicking it for now. It's been a real decent month overall.
Did something I rarely do.
Sold a small part of my IIPR.
Proceeds will go to safer stuff: thinking of LHX & LMT. Might also get something solid like PEP or an utility.

I still like IIPR and will continue to hold a sizeable position, but it does seem that their growth is starting to slow down and I already have way too much of it due to the dramatic run up in price. So I think it's time to take some profit away from it and put it into safer ones.
(03-18-2021, 07:12 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Did something I rarely do.
Sold a small part of my IIPR.
Proceeds will go to safer stuff: thinking of LHX & LMT. Might also get something solid like PEP or an utility.

I still like IIPR and will continue to hold a sizeable position, but it does seem that their growth is starting to slow down and I already have way too much of it due to the dramatic run up in price. So I think it's time to take some profit away from it and put it into safer ones.
That's some good thinking there.  Should be able to get a good price on all of the above now or soon.
Ended up getting LMT with 2/3 of the money and PGR with 1/3.
Decided to spend the stimulus money on stocks today.

AAPL (10 shares to make it an even 400 shares, I am done buying AAPL it is too large for my portfolio), DG, ABBV, AVGO, BIP, CSCO, WEC, GD, GILD, and UPS.
Started small position in DG. bbb rated. Trading ~17 pe after a while. 60% debt/capt. They increased div.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(03-18-2021, 10:11 AM)ChadR Wrote: Decided to spend the stimulus money on stocks today.

AAPL (10 shares to make it an even 400 shares, I am done buying AAPL it is too large for my portfolio), DG, ABBV, AVGO, BIP, CSCO, WEC, GD, GILD, and UPS.

Wow yeah that's a whole lot of Apple Smile Outside of my company stock, my largest non-etf holding is Microsoft which I have about $6k in.

Thanks for the tip on GILD I hadn't seen that one before mentioned here.  5 year trend isn't good, but do you think they are close to turning things around?
Added TSM so far lol
(03-18-2021, 11:36 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(03-18-2021, 10:11 AM)ChadR Wrote: Decided to spend the stimulus money on stocks today.

Wow yeah that's a whole lot of Apple Smile Outside of my company stock, my largest non-etf holding is Microsoft which I have about $6k in.

Thanks for the tip on GILD I hadn't seen that one before mentioned here.  5 year trend isn't good, but do you think they are close to turning things around?
Love MSFT as it is even bigger than my AAPL holding.  Too much tech in my portfolio.  GILD purchase was just 1 share to up it to 35 shares.  I think they are close to turning it around, but I've been thinking that for a couple of years now so take it for what it's worth.