Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-12-2021, 10:36 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added BABA. Will add more if it reaches $225. Trading at only 1x sales now.
If it goes lower I'll add.  This is a high drama stock and we can't even pretend to truly understand what is going on in China. I know they won't kill the golden goose so they are near my add price.  

Sold another BMY put before Ex Div.  Support as good as it gets and a reliable weekly income stream for a long time.
(03-12-2021, 10:23 AM)ChadR Wrote: Added to AAPL, BIP, NEE, WEC, and XEL.
Love those UTEs. They may go lower with interest rate hikes but you won't regret holding them.  They are WAY ahead of the curve on the renewables game and they are going to score the next few years when the GOV starts passing out incentives.  It won't be a long wait IMO.
(03-12-2021, 10:19 AM)Otter Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 03:52 PM)Otter Wrote: HBO Max will be the catalyst, if there is one. If T fails to monetize and create meaningful growth with that over the next three years (that should be plenty of time), then I will exit my position.

Apparently the HBO Max update for investor day was a hit. Haven't seen positive price action like this on T in a long time.
Perfect! Closing out my puts for a nickel and hopefully it holds awhile so my calls will be exercised here.  I'll stand by to rinse and repeat if the opportunity arises.
Today's buys:
  • Added to Johnson & Johnson though it's still relatively small
  • Took a "junior position" in BroadCom
  • Ditto for Taiwan Semiconductor
  • Starter positions in Apple, WEC, NextEra Energy, ABBV, Seagate
  • Added to small holdings in dividend plays Orchid Capital, Annaly, Oxford Lane -> with my upcoming higher mortgage I may actually use the dividends to balance my budget rather than reinvest

More to come next week.
(03-12-2021, 11:03 AM)ken-do-nim Wrote: Today's buys:
  • Added to small holdings in dividend plays Orchid Capital, Annaly, Oxford Lane -> with my upcoming higher mortgage I may actually use the dividends to balance my budget rather than reinvest

More to come next week.
Nice start on your DGI port.  I'm not current on Seagate's modern game but their HDDs were top shelf 25yrs ago when I was building desktops  lol.  They pay a dividend these days?  I'm guessing they do.
Added BABA & AEP today.
(03-12-2021, 11:33 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

More to come next week.
Nice start on your DGI port.  I'm not current on Seagate's modern game but their HDDs were top shelf 25yrs ago when I was building desktops  lol.  They pay a dividend these days?  I'm guessing they do.

Thanks!  Yeah Seagate is a hardware play; they build the storage for all that cloud computing.  3.47% dividend yield combined with over 3x growth in the last 5 years.  Of course like everything else the time to get in was last October but hopefully better late than never.  Just a starter position anyway will probably bring it up to a junior next week, maybe even a full.
(03-12-2021, 12:25 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:

More to come next week.

Thanks!  Yeah Seagate is a hardware play; they build the storage for all that cloud computing.  3.47% dividend yield combined with over 3x growth in the last 5 years.  Of course like everything else the time to get in was last October but hopefully better late than never.  Just a starter position anyway will probably bring it up to a junior next week, maybe even a full.
If they are still hardware they are cyclical so you can add on the down cycles.  That's a good dividend.
(03-12-2021, 12:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

More to come next week.

If they are still hardware they are cyclical so you can add on the down cycles.  That's a good dividend.

Excellent point I can see looking at the chart that you are right plenty of ups and downs.  Oh, also 20 P/E ratio so yeah a solid company to stick with.
(03-12-2021, 12:38 PM)ken-do-nim Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 12:31 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

More to come next week.

Excellent point I can see looking at the chart that you are right plenty of ups and downs.  Oh, also 20 P/E ratio so yeah a solid company to stick with.
For anything cyclical you study the chart so you don't think you are missing the ride forever.  The PE will swing wildly with the cycle.  Buy some when it is low no matter how long the wait and works out if the company is solid.
Initiated a position in NVO.
Looks like an awesome company. All the things we love to see in our steady DGI companies with quite a bit of long-term upside. (just my view)

It's quite expensive though, I wouldn't want to start a large position at these levels but it's good to nibble a bit here and there.
(02-25-2021, 10:25 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 10:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Bought some LDOS. Between the earnings miss and short report I haven’t seen it this low in a while. So I said why not lol. You in on this one too Fenders ?
I haven't researched it.  Hadn't heard of it until you and Otter were discussing it last week.  I am trying to not add too many more new names.  We'll see how long that lasts.  Smile

What I need is for tech to get hammered for real again, but this market is resilient.

Very small trades this morning.  Added a few shares to DG-ARKF  Sold a few SLV puts.

(03-12-2021, 01:17 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Initiated a position in NVO.
Looks like an awesome company. All the things we love to see in our steady DGI companies with quite a bit of long-term upside. (just my view)

It's quite expensive though, I wouldn't want to start a large position at these levels but it's good to nibble a bit here and there.

I'm confused.  NVO is at $70.74.  5 years ago it was at $55.79; how do you deem it expensive?