Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Tech green, UTEs flat, value green. Is there anything with sensible valuation can buy ? Lol

Sold covered calls on PLTR.
(03-09-2021, 11:12 AM)vbin Wrote: Tech green, UTEs flat, value green. Is there anything with sensible valuation can buy ? Lol

Sold covered calls on PLTR.
UTEs are about it and I'm already overweight from the 47 beatdown buys Smile  Defense and Pharma looks reasonable enough on valuation but only for a long hold as politics will likely keep them flat until there is just nothing else left to buy.  Hard to imagine chip stocks won't have a pretty good year but likely a bumpy ride.  I think were are held prisoner by the ten year T bond rates for awhile.  Pretty crazy swings for a .03 move up and down.  Market will probably just have to get used to the idea rates are going to go at least somewhat higher with or without the FED.  All this excitement and we are sitting near market ATHs for most indexes.  IMO bull isn't dead anytime soon without a big event.
Probably overhandling the port a little bit this week. Sold a covered call in PEP and MRK. I planned to trim Pharma a bit and MRK is getting boring if I'm honest. That's a poor reason to trim MRK but something had to go to get my sector allocations a touch less defensive. Sold a little QQQ-SOXX-AVGO. I couldn't lay off the big dip and went considerably over budget on my $2500 monthly budget. I mean my income basket is good for the loan payments lol, but it won't be any fun if I can't buy anything next month, and the growth port is supposed to be fun. I want to stick mostly to the plan as it forces a little discipline. I wouldn't have done it but I bought the tech lows yesterday and top today was too tempting. I own more so it's very OK if they run much higher on me.
Getting ready to buy the IPO RBLX today for my son. He loves the game so have to buy it. Just hope they don’t run it up lol
I lightened up on some high flyer positions today and bought GD, AXP, TROW and PNC

I needed to trim some tech just for some safety going forward. I still own the names just wanted to spread it out to some other sectors that pay dividends and are undervalued compares to the market.
(03-10-2021, 09:54 AM)divmenow Wrote: I lightened up on some high flyer positions today and bought GD, AXP, TROW and PNC

I needed to trim some tech just for some safety going forward. I still own the names just wanted to spread it out to some other sectors that pay dividends and are undervalued compares to the market.
Good move.  Nobody knows what next week brings but we just got another demonstration on why some attempt at diversification is never wrong for too long.  

Just closed an ENB put for $99.  Sold it 5 days ago for $1140.  I'll need meds if I play with high flyer techy stuff too much.  Smile
(03-10-2021, 08:38 AM)divmenow Wrote: Getting ready to buy the IPO RBLX today for my son. He loves the game so have to buy it. Just hope they don’t run it up lol

Am doing the same once it lists.
(03-08-2021, 11:02 AM)stockguru Wrote: Added some AAPL, HII, TSM and F

Now I understand why you are buying HII!  (military ship-building)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/china...p-n1260386

The United States may need to have a standing naval force in the Straits of Taiwan.
I trimmed a tiny bit of XOM and bought BABA & TSM today.
Started a tiny position in AMT. Sold out of GME.
Got my starter position in RBLX.
bought RBLX right at the open lol

Also added to PKI. Love discounts