Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(01-14-2021, 06:28 PM)vbin Wrote: Has anyone done analysis on what sectors are over valued ( tech, ev) and what are undervalued right now? I want to reshuffle. ( Contrarian, be fearful and greedy, all that stuff)

Energy is still undervalued but I have huge exposure to it.
What about REITs? Any good REITS?
UTEs been correcting but is the sector undervalued now?
Finance(is it still under valued?)

Will appriciate some thoughts here? May be it deserves a new thread?
Valuation will always be more subjective then we wish.  Energy is undervalued vs a decade ago.  Most REITs are undervalued vs just a few years ago.  Are they overvalued vs where they should be in 2022 or 2025? The reverse for tech.  Certain sectors of tech are clearly extremely overvalued vs most any past metric. That can continue for years in a bull market.  The market can decide to never use old valuation metrics again if it collectively chooses to.  I don't expect that but it's possible.
(01-14-2021, 07:01 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 06:28 PM)vbin Wrote: Has anyone done analysis on what sectors are over valued ( tech, ev) and what are undervalued right now? I want to reshuffle. ( Contrarian, be fearful and greedy, all that stuff)

Valuation will always be more subjective then we wish.  Energy is undervalued vs a decade ago.  Most REITs are undervalued vs just a few years ago.  Are they overvalued vs where they should be in 2022 or 2025? The reverse for tech.  Certain sectors of tech are clearly extremely overvalued vs most any past metric. That can continue for years in a bull market.  The market can decide to never use old valuation metrics again if it collectively chooses to.  I don't expect that but it's possible.
https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch...erformance
(01-15-2021, 10:23 AM)vbin Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 07:01 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

https://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch...erformance
Consumer discretionary is the sector that jumps out at me.  AAPL may have a heavy weighting in that one though. I'll post on your oil thread.
Last one out of renewables stocks is a rotten egg. Smile I've been wondering when they would finally take a breather.

Slow trading day for me. It does appear I'm going to escape my fourth and final option trade in KR today. That was sure boring. Smile
Bought some JPM stock today on weakness after earnings results. I think it is the best bank in US and possibly around the world. When the 10 year treasury hits 2% later this year, banks will fly. Plus it has a decent dividend yield.
Go GEVO.. Yeah up over $3 today!
(01-19-2021, 09:56 AM)divmenow Wrote: Go GEVO.. Yeah up over $3 today!

Up 58% today. I will take that  Big Grin

Just bought WOOF. Just hope WOOF doesn't end up being a DOG LOL
Added to FRT, NNN, O, and PLTR this morning.

Sold a covered call ($20 strike) on my STWD holding.
(01-19-2021, 11:51 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to FRT, NNN, O, and PLTR this morning.

Thanks for the reminder.  I'm on it.  Smile
Added DG as it hit my buy point at $207

I have a few other names getting close.

ROST hoping to get in. I see no reason why the dividend wont return.
(01-19-2021, 11:18 AM)stockguru Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:56 AM)divmenow Wrote: Go GEVO.. Yeah up over $3 today!

Up 58% today. I will take that  Big Grin

Just bought WOOF. Just hope WOOF doesn't end up being a DOG LOL

Wow this is why I joined this forum lol. Nice move in GEVO - Up 78% now!!

Today I added some LMT, DG, SBUX, ED and UPS

Sold ORLY, ORCL, and CZR

Anyone got some undiscovered stock names?
(01-19-2021, 11:51 AM)Otter Wrote: Added to FRT, NNN, O, and PLTR this morning.

6 months lock in expiration coming in Feb on PLTR. Curious why you bought now?

Sold a few puts on PLTR. Added O.