Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-17-2020, 02:35 PM)Otter Wrote: Also took a portion of funds I set aside for ABNB purchases in an IRA and bought STWD to pick up the upcoming dividend, then sold covered calls (1/15/21 $20 strike) against the position.
STWD has a great div and a good chart.  Are you pretty familiar with it?

Sold a new put in RTX and rolled some covered calls forward.  That's getting to be an every Friday thing with the market running for months.
I updated the 2020 forum stock competition. Warning, it was ugly for most of us. Smile The 2021 contest is launched. I'll spam this thread a few times a week so everyone gets the word.
(12-17-2020, 07:12 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 02:35 PM)Otter Wrote: Also took a portion of funds I set aside for ABNB purchases in an IRA and bought STWD to pick up the upcoming dividend, then sold covered calls (1/15/21 $20 strike) against the position.

Sold a new put in RTX and rolled some covered calls forward.  That's getting to be an every Friday thing with the market running for months.

I have owned STWD off and on for many years, trading in and out. Sternlicht is about as competent a CEO as could be hoped for in that space. I have read enough of their investor presentations to understand that I don't fully understand the business model (it is an octopus), but the company has been very good at maintaining the high payout for a very long time.

This was just an easy trade in the IRA to grab some dividend income, and if the shares trade over $20 in mid-January when my covered calls come due, I'm fine with the position being called away.
(12-18-2020, 09:46 AM)Otter Wrote:

I have owned STWD off and on for many years, trading in and out. Sternlicht is about as competent a CEO as could be hoped for in that space. I have read enough of their investor presentations to understand that I don't fully understand the business model (it is an octopus), but the company has been very good at maintaining the high payout for a very long time.

This was just an easy trade in the IRA to grab some dividend income, and if the shares trade over $20 in mid-January when my covered calls come due, I'm fine with the position being called away.
Grabbing income is my game.  I jumped in but only 100 shares so I could sell the call.  I've never got killed following you in a trade but I usually need a secret decoder ring to properly analyze the position. Smile
Added 2 news names to the portfolio. LULU and FDX

Nice to have a $17 dip today in FDX. Someone has to ship those vaccines and ecommerce growth is a sweet spot.
(12-18-2020, 11:03 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 09:46 AM)Otter Wrote:

Grabbing income is my game.  I jumped in but only 100 shares so I could sell the call.  I've never got killed following you in a trade but I usually need a secret decoder ring to properly analyze the position. Smile

Zacks upgraded to strong buy and ranks it a 1. Normally that's the kiss of death  Big Grin ... Just like Cramer lol
(12-18-2020, 11:37 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added 2 news names to the portfolio. LULU and FDX

Nice to have a $17 dip today in FDX. Someone has to ship those vaccines and ecommerce growth is a sweet spot.
They will do well with ecommerce this winter but vaccine shipping revenue?  Nice story but I'd be surprised if it was 2% of their revenue.  Kinda like PFE, just a little free cash flow to pay some bills.
FDX, TGT, CVS, CARR, BMY, V , ABBV and AFTPY

Sold XOM, ALB, TROW, SWK and VFC

Just my normal end of the year reshuffling lol
(12-18-2020, 11:52 AM)kblake Wrote: FDX, TGT, CVS, CARR, BMY, V , ABBV and AFTPY

Sold XOM, ALB, TROW, SWK and VFC

Just my normal end of the year reshuffling lol

Like those adds.  No comment on the sells because everything just rotates higher next month lol.
(12-18-2020, 11:45 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 11:37 AM)divmenow Wrote: Added 2 news names to the portfolio. LULU and FDX

They will do well with ecommerce this winter but vaccine shipping revenue?  Nice story but I'd be surprised if it was 2% of their revenue.  Kinda like PFE, just a little free cash flow to pay some bills.

It will be about 7.8 of revs they announced. Not too shabby  Big Grin

They are delivering around somewhere between 70 and 80 discreet facilities today, there are hundreds of shipments going out in the first few waves,” said Smith. “But over time we’ll deliver to 10s of thousands of hospitals and medical centers.” We predict it will be roughly 7.8 percent of our revenues heading into 2021.

But that's not why I bought it  Big Grin  
(12-18-2020, 11:57 AM)kblake Wrote:

They are delivering around somewhere between 70 and 80 discreet facilities today, there are hundreds of shipments going out in the first few waves,” said Smith. “But over time we’ll deliver to 10s of thousands of hospitals and medical centers.” We predict it will be roughly 7.8 percent of our revenues heading into 2021.

That's excellent actually.  PFE vax is hard to ship or somebody is getting gouged.  Smile
(12-18-2020, 12:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 11:57 AM)kblake Wrote:

That's excellent actually.  PFE vax is hard to ship or somebody is getting gouged.  Smile  I think the PFE story will be similar.  If they aren't making some cash they screwed this up.