Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-16-2020, 11:32 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 11:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I loaded up on FCX around $10 very early in the year.  Also sold it well before $20 so don't confuse this post with bragging lol.  FCX is one of the better cyclical metals stocks.  I'll catch it on the next hard dip.  Might be years but my watchlist is free.  Smile

You better load up again on FCX. There isn't no hard dip coming. Once it got under $24 today that was the dip  Big Grin

Come on how is your watchlist at 0 and mine is at 243?? That doesn't add up  Tongue

I held FCX at one point about five years back. It is a classic cyclical/materials stock. It likes hard dips and big runs, as most of those stocks do. The time to buy is when it craters after a dividend cut, when the Indonesian government is making threats to solicit bribes to keep the Grasberg mine open, when their foray into oil and gas exploration goes bust and ruptures the balance sheet. When they fail, they do it in style. NUE is one of the very few companies I feel safe with in the materials sector.
(12-17-2020, 10:10 AM)divmenow Wrote: Started a position in TGT. I sold to early and have been waiting for a dip to get in. I really like where this company is headed. Cheap stock compared to the market lol

It's not cheap and that is why you dumped it.  I did too.  Top tier retailer but we'll get another chance to enter/add at a faired long-term price.
(12-17-2020, 10:10 AM)divmenow Wrote: Started a position in TGT. I sold to early and have been waiting for a dip to get in. I really like where this company is headed. Cheap stock compared to the market lol

(12-17-2020, 10:43 AM)Otter Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 11:32 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 11:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I loaded up on FCX around $10 very early in the year.  Also sold it well before $20 so don't confuse this post with bragging lol.  FCX is one of the better cyclical metals stocks.  I'll catch it on the next hard dip.  Might be years but my watchlist is free.  Smile

You better load up again on FCX. There isn't no hard dip coming. Once it got under $24 today that was the dip  Big Grin

Come on how is your watchlist at 0 and mine is at 243?? That doesn't add up  Tongue

I held FCX at one point about five years back. It is a classic cyclical/materials stock. It likes hard dips and big runs, as most of those stocks do. The time to buy is when it craters after a dividend cut, when the Indonesian government is making threats to solicit bribes to keep the Grasberg mine open, when their foray into oil and gas exploration goes bust and ruptures the balance sheet. When they fail, they do it in style. NUE is one of the very few companies I feel safe with in the materials sector.
Completely agree.  I sold FCX too early and not going to chase it 100%+ higher than the recent low.  You get burned chasing commodities damn near everytime.  I do believe the economy will recover, but don't buy the thesis that happy days are here again come spring.  That's just not how the world economy is going to play out after a rough winter.
(12-17-2020, 10:54 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's not cheap and that is why you dumped it.  I did too.  Top tier retailer but we'll get another chance to enter/add at a faired long-term price.
And you know this how?? Does your crystal ball tell you it will be cheaper. The truth is your opinion is just an opinion like mine Lol 

At a 16 PE for 2021 that’s a nice growth stock. Big online presence and they are taking big market share from Walmart and Amazon but no one will admit that lol. The parking lots of filled daily as well. It’s going to $200. Mark this post  Big Grin
(12-17-2020, 11:01 AM)divmenow Wrote:

And you know this how?? Does your crystal ball tell you it will be cheaper. The truth is your opinion is just an opinion like mine Lol 

At a 16 PE for 2021 that’s a nice growth stock. Big online presence and they are taking big market share from Walmart and Amazon but no one will admit that lol. The parking lots of filled daily as well. It’s going to $200. Mark this post  Big Grin
 I agree on Target. Not only is it best in class but online they are killing it. Its the best of both world's. Online and in store presence. You can almost say its a tech stock. This can easily  go to a PE of 30 and you would be looking at $240+ a share. It will get there. I still hold shares I bought at $73. 

Don't listen to the naysayers. There the same ones that said not to buy FB at $140 lol 

I'm am looking to add some more retail stocks. I am doing very well on my KIRK. Its up 32% since you said buy   Big Grin You got any more picks?

I'm looking into FCX as well. Looks like $30 is around the corner with all the call buying.  I'm still trying to figure out a sector that hasn't run yet?? Maybe realtor stocks lol
(12-17-2020, 11:01 AM)divmenow Wrote:

You'll get a chance to add at less than todays $170 price.  Mark both of these posts.  I bet we'll both be right.  All big box should run some after stimulus and it is surely coming.  They really mean it this time lol.
Went Christmas shopping yesterday and Target was as full as I've ever seen.

My wife orders online for pickup about once a week, and I've been using it more as well.

Keep in mind another round of stimulus checks may be coming...
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added to ABT and UNM
(12-17-2020, 11:27 AM)EricL Wrote: Went Christmas shopping yesterday and Target was as full as I've ever seen.

My wife orders online for pickup about once a week, and I've been using it more as well.

Keep in mind another round of stimulus checks may be coming...

LOL Eric. That's why I own TGT. The wife gets packages dlvd daily to our door. At least it seems that way  Big Grin

TGT did well even without those stimulous checks. So when they come again that will only benefit target more.

Nice job on ETSY and CRWD buys. I added ETSY at $118 and it hasn't looked back  Smile
Added googl and ba.
Bought some LMT and T today.
Also took a portion of funds I set aside for ABNB purchases in an IRA and bought STWD to pick up the upcoming dividend, then sold covered calls (1/15/21 $20 strike) against the position.