Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(12-10-2020, 11:38 AM)divmenow Wrote: $152 a share for ABNB. No one is going to buy it. And if you are at that price you need your head examined lol.See you at $100 in 3 weeks

Not a buyer at a P/S ratio of 30. That's more than double SQ's P/S ratio, which is already too damn high.
It is astounding to me how many of these tech companies are trading at 30-50X sales, when in the past it was considered expensive for companies to trade at 30-50X EARNINGS.

Door Dash delivers food, and loses money while doing it. Yet it trades at a market cap of nearly $67B.

That market cap is higher than the combined market caps of restaurant stocks WEN, YUM, DRI, PZZA, JACK, and EAT. Companies that are actual profitable businesses.

DASH will never make significant money delivered food, because if they did, restaurants would develop their own delivery services and take the money for themselves.

Complete insanity.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I have some free time in my hands during the next few weeks.
I think this might be the first time in my investment career that I'll be buying puts. (if they aren't ridiculously priced as well)
61B USD valuation whipped out of thin air for ABNB... OUTRAGEOUS !!!!
(12-09-2020, 05:00 PM)fenders53 Wrote: DOOR spiked about 5% VERY briefly early this morning.  Not Door Dash, but the boring company that manufacturers Masonite Doors I sell at work.  This is how you lose your money lol.  Smile

I'm thinking of buying 100 shares of ABB (and hoping it spikes due to the AirBNB hoopla ;-)
(12-10-2020, 12:19 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I have some free time in my hands during the next few weeks.
I think this might be the first time in my investment career that I'll be buying puts. (if they aren't ridiculously priced as well)

Options typically aren't available until a few months after IPO. DASH is looking like one of the best opportunities for puts since CHK.
I purchased some c3.ai yesterday for fun and sold it this morning( too early) lol.

Sold a GD jan put. Added more LUMN.

Door dash IPO pricing is insanity.

Has anyone been looking at retail? A lot of these stocks are still way undervalued. With things opening up next year, shouldn't they benefit? Any undervalued named you own?
(12-10-2020, 01:13 PM)vbin Wrote: I purchased some c3.ai yesterday for fun and sold it this morning( too early) lol.

Sold a GD jan put. Added more LUMN.

Door dash IPO pricing is insanity.

Has anyone been looking at retail? A lot of these stocks are still way undervalued. With things opening up next year, shouldn't they benefit? Any undervalued named you own?

For retail there a few names I like but are not the traditional 3 names lol

#1 M - There are doing very well with on-line sales - I see the stock going back to $20 at some point (I did very well with my JWN and DDS purchase#2 at the lows)
#2 MIK - With the closing of AC  Moore this company is really benefiting from that and the fact people have to find a hobby now to keep them sane lol
#3 - KIRK - I love the stores and they are doing extremely well ever since Pier One Import went out of business. 

All other retail has run up too fast. 

And my other name for you is DLTH - You all seen the commercials  Big Grin . They beat earnings but the stock went down. Once of those "Upset stocks", like the Giants beating the Seahawks LOL
M have been on my Radar since March. I have no reason why I don't buy. That looks interesting even after the ranup.

Anyone owns TPR, DBI?
(12-10-2020, 12:19 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: I have some free time in my hands during the next few weeks.
They will be expensive when available.  A straight short won't be easy to pull off either.  The shares will be hard to borrow.  Too dangerous anyway.  These might as well be pot stocks.  They could run to $400 on no particular news.
My, SGMO TGTX and PACB have all doubled or trilpled. Man I love BIOs lol

I just bought 2 new names after the close. Hoping to make it big n those names ae well

My big SPEC. IMMP - They have a collaboration with Merk and Pfizer and a breast cancer drug in the late stages. Buy AH's while its down to $4.40 lol

EDIT the next one. And I still like ARWR

Anyone play the space?
(12-10-2020, 07:24 PM)divmenow Wrote: My, SGMO TGTX and PACB have all doubled or trilpled. Man I love BIOs lol

I just bought 2 new names after the close. Hoping to make it big n those names ae well

My big SPEC. IMMP - They have a collaboration with Merk and Pfizer and a breast cancer drug in the late stages. Buy AH's while its down to $4.40 lol

EDIT the next one. And I still like ARWR

Anyone play the space?

No, but you are making me look up new tickers again lol.