Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(11-16-2020, 10:42 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 06:23 PM)vbin Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 05:49 PM)stockguru Wrote: I ended up buying the Jan $60 RTX puts. I think I can make some money here.
Why you expect RTX to drop 15% by then ?

Halfway there in 2-3 weeks might work out for her as well.  Industrials are probably going to have to cool off for much of a down move in RTX.  I never expected my covered calls at 70 to be in play so fast.
It went to $53 and now it's been running but why you guys expecting it to go down?
I didn't mean to imply that. I own shares and have sold a few puts every time it dipped under 60. I didnt expect it to pop 30% so fast though. I am generally bullish but they are a year or more from normal business unless there is a Boeing miracle. I don't expect a big RTX dip by Jan but who knows? If it dips some next week her put is profitable.
Adding to LLY this morning
Added to HBAN while I was at it.
added CVS. Another over blown on the AMZN news
Added to TD.to and ERE-un.to
Still a tiny bit of cash left to deploy during this month, enough for 1 or 2 small buys.
(11-17-2020, 09:52 AM)kblake Wrote: added CVS. Another over blown on the AMZN news
They keep getting "amazoned" for the same narrative.  The "news" is about three years old for the most part.
Added BABA, still shopping.
(11-17-2020, 10:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 09:52 AM)kblake Wrote: added CVS. Another over blown on the AMZN news
They keep getting "amazoned" for the same narrative.  The "news" is about three years old for the most part.
I made some money when this happened to target a few years back on whole foods news. Years later I felt bad for not buying 10 times more. CVS will do fine.
(11-17-2020, 12:45 PM)vbin Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 10:01 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
I made some money when this happened to target a few years back on whole foods news. Years later I felt bad for not buying 10 times more. CVS will do fine.
It works out if you catch something near a short term bottom. Every time they dip hard I sell puts.  Never exercised even once.  I'd sell puts again if SP hits the low 60s.  The ones I have now are well below 60 strike and will expire worthless again this week.
Sold out of my last remaining CNP shares in an IRA (got back to breakeven after the dividend cut). Replaced with a mix of GILD and STWD.

Watching PLTR continue to go to the moon.
(11-17-2020, 04:00 PM)Otter Wrote: Sold out of my last remaining CNP shares in an IRA (got back to breakeven after the dividend cut). Replaced with a mix of GILD and STWD.

Watching PLTR continue to go to the moon.
I made 2 purchases on PLTR aswell. This is a company I was waiting to IPO since last 5 years. Thinking to buy more in December. Still bulish.

I own a small positioning STWD as well.

What's you outlook on PLTR and STWD?