Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to LAND, MET, MO, AVA, CFR, BAC, CSCO, and AAPL.
Added some APD on the morning downgrade.
Also added APD
Started a position in GNRC for the growthy port. Also sold a GNRC put in my main port. This one will be a core position soon but offseason is coming for their BIZ so maybe better deals ahead?
Added APD & CLX
Moving some cash into Covid spike plays today with non-crazy valuation. If you don't happen to live near a hot spot I am happy to hear that but the reality is the market is ignoring a lot of the US is blowing up again. I live near three of the US top ten spots right now. It's going to get real for awhile and it's HIGHLY likely cause some states to get restrictive whether they should or not. My boring table pounding recommendation for the week is Kroger KR. They have a real decent growth narrative even if you ignore Covid and just hold. Grocery growth is no small feat for a VERY tight margin industry but they have some other stuff going on. I really do think it's highly likely good for a few points VERY soon. Good place to park some cash while you wait for a high flyer to truly correct. I have sold some puts at the money which is pretty much the same as going long. Stock went Ex Div today or I would have just bought long shares. That should work too.
How can NKE and SBUX have such high valuations and still they barely fall

I added to APD. This thing is being sold like there's no tomorrow lol

And I will pass on KR. Too boring, and I have been hearing for 9 months it's a great buy. Mine as well just buy F, T and GE lol
(11-12-2020, 02:53 PM)kblake Wrote: How can NKE and SBUX have such high valuations and still they barely fall

And I will pass on KR. Too boring, and I have been hearing for 9 months it's a great buy. Mine as well just buy F, T and GE lol

That's a very uniformed comparo statement if you actually update yourself on current financials of the companies you mentioned, obligatory lol of course.  Smile
(11-12-2020, 03:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 02:53 PM)kblake Wrote: How can NKE and SBUX have such high valuations and still they barely fall

That's a very uniformed comparo statement if you actually update yourself on current financials of the companies you mentioned, obligatory lol of course.  Smile

Ohhh Kblake hit a nerve  Big Grin

KR is the best company in the market right now. How dare you compare it to F and GE. They sell food food God Sake  Big Grin
But F and GE have outperformed KR of late so  Huh

Fenders what else you got on your white board besides KR lol
I bought a real spec today. ZNGA.

My kids play there games all the time on their phones. I think this company will do well over time, especially with less people going out.
(11-12-2020, 03:13 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 03:08 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Ohhh Kblake hit a nerve  Big Grin

KR is the best company in the market right now. How dare you compare it to F and GE. They sell food food God Sake  Big Grin
But F and GE have outperformed KR of late so  Huh

Fenders what else you got on your white board besides KR lol
Nope, I'm tired of being mocked today.  From now on I only share hot picks with my friends so no secrets for you  Smile

Seriously though I have four KR puts sold, all near the money and spread out over the next 5 weeks.  I'll let you know how it ends.
Sold puts in DG, DLTR, and ENPH to end the day. ENPH is overvalued IMO so that's my risky play for the week. Hoping to dance it down to a $100 entry. Saving some dry powder for tech plays should the opportunity happen.