Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added a little AVGO, ABBV, STOR and MA.
Added to DIS this morning.
a rare one for me, I actually sold something!
PFE

Such a rare event that it required some explanation.
I entered at around $32 in March, for one I thought the price was super low. And two, well it was the start of a pandemic so doesn't hurt to have more healthcare.

Thought about making it a "real" position for a while, but I wasn't ready to pay much more than $32, so I think I've added to it only once since March. So it's a relatively small position that has appreciated nicely, the spinoff is coming (so the dividend will likely be lowered, unless you plan on keeping the Upjohn shares), and... I might be wrong about this one.. but I think the majority of the vaccine hype is already in the share price.
Bought an initial tiny position in ESS and UDR, first residential REITs in my port
(10-27-2020, 08:48 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: a rare one for me, I actually sold something!
PFE

Such a rare event that it required some explanation.
I entered at around $32 in March, for one I thought the price was super low. And two, well it was the start of a pandemic so doesn't hurt to have more healthcare.

Thought about making it a "real" position for a while, but I wasn't ready to pay much more than $32, so I think I've added to it only once since March. So it's a relatively small position that has appreciated nicely, the spinoff is coming (so the dividend will likely be lowered, unless you plan on keeping the Upjohn shares), and... I might be wrong about this one.. but I think the majority of the vaccine hype is already in the share price.

Significant vaccine profits are illusory.  Several companies have committed to selling them near breakeven.  It's a goodwill thing apparently.  Efficacy standard is only 50% and anyone that hits that goal safely will be approved. I have a substantial PFE position and have been laddering covered calls.  I'll be trimmed eventually and the income has been good in the mean time.  PFE hasn't grown share price for two decades so holding Upjohn won't be a big difference IMO.  About everything in my world is up the same or better than PFE since March so adding back then didn't turn out to be anything special for me.
Added XLE, XOM, WFC, T, STWD. Had a small positioning CAH sold out of it.
Added to STX.
(10-27-2020, 01:05 PM)vbin Wrote: Added XLE, XOM, WFC, T, STWD. Had a small positioning CAH sold out of it.

You don't like growth do you  Big Grin

I added to MA, NEE, LOW and AVGO
Reinitiated a position on V (l held it for a few months before and lost patience. I told myself I would keep it long term this time). Added a tiny bit on XOM. My buy point is under $33, maybe I should adjust it to <$30? Smile

Curious about your view on BEN? Is it a rare buying opportunity or a value trap?
(10-27-2020, 01:55 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 01:05 PM)vbin Wrote: Added XLE, XOM, WFC, T, STWD. Had a small positioning CAH sold out of it.

You don't like growth do you  Big Grin

I added to MA, NEE, LOW and AVGO
I would love growth stocks but not at these prices. There is a lot of value in value right now in my opinion. Most of Growth stocks look too much out of control to me. Sooner or later this insanity will catch up with sanity. Lot of mergers acquisition already happening in oil. What happens when pandemic is over.

I did buy a bunch of PLTR. I am very bulish on it. I would have bought a bunch of SNOW below $125 as well.

I will buy Databricks too if it doesn't go the way SNOW went.
I've been slowly increasing my positions in Telemedicine.
25 shares TDOC @ $185.10
40 shares EHTH @ $66.00
500 shares of EDOC @ $17.10

I know we have some folks in this group invested in TDOC.
I think Telemedicine will go a long way in the next 5 years... Your thoughts ?
Added a little AVGO, UNP, CVS in my new growthy port. Using the Stockguru's onsie-twosie plan thingie. Smile

LLY gave me a nice punch in the face this morning. Smile Oil is getting tempting, but I'm not getting too aggressive this time.