Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Buffet buying GOLD. Very nice!

Reducing holdings in: $QSR Goldman $GS Delta $DAL American $AAL Southwest $LUV United $UAL Occidental $OXY Sirius XM $SIRI JPMorgan $JPM $PNC Wells $WFC $MTB $BK $MA $V $CHTR $USB
(08-16-2020, 09:14 AM)divmenow Wrote: Buffet buying GOLD. Very nice!

Reducing holdings in: $QSR Goldman $GS Delta $DAL American $AAL Southwest $LUV United $UAL Occidental $OXY Sirius XM $SIRI JPMorgan $JPM $PNC Wells $WFC $MTB $BK $MA $V $CHTR $USB
He knows the reality is this recovery is going to be very slow.  Not really knocking the legend, but BRK is so huge and it takes him a month too long to complete a move.  He was over invested in everything that won't work for the next year or so.  I am going to be very surprised if he beats the S&P one year out of five going forward.
a 2007 Tundra SR5 4WD 5.7L dual exhaust 107k miles, very clean

okay...couldn't resist

been looking for almost a year, maybe more finally pulled the trigger
(08-16-2020, 10:11 PM)rayray Wrote: a 2007 Tundra SR5 4WD 5.7L dual exhaust 107k miles, very clean

okay...couldn't resist

been looking for almost a year, maybe more finally pulled the trigger
Good truck, should work out better than some of my 2019 stock picks.  Smile
Added to CSCO.
Don't laugh fenders lol. I just bought 2000 T. I figured I would hold a year and collect $4160 in dividends without the stock moving lol

I sold some names this morning that were getting a bit over valued. I'm starting to protect myself at these lofty levels now lol
(08-17-2020, 09:28 AM)divmenow Wrote: Don't  laugh fenders lol. I just bought 2000 T. I figured I would hold a year and collect $4160 in dividends without the stock moving lol

I sold some names this morning that were getting a bit over valued. I'm starting to protect myself at these lofty levels now lol

That's a nice strategy. I added to T this morning at $29.81. I have 550 shares now

I think you right. The market is getting extremely over valued now. Getting a bit nervous. I'm going to trim some holding over the next few days. Maybe add to my gold positions. There is way to much uncertainty still with the covid, china and presidential election. How much do we lose if Biden wins  Big Grin

We have run up too fast since March. Honestly how can we be higher then we were in Feb highs. Good question  Big Grin
I also added to T this morning. Didn't get a good a price as stockguru got.
(08-17-2020, 09:28 AM)divmenow Wrote: Don't  laugh fenders lol. I just bought 2000 T. I figured I would hold a year and collect $4160 in dividends without the stock moving lol

Welcome to the T train.  Smile  Both of you are in deeper on T shares than I am right now.  I continue my put selling game so I am at risk of being forced in from 28-29.  I don't think I have anything that gives me more monthly income than T related activities.  MO isn't half bad either.  

It's a good time to keep things diversified.  Unemployment isn't going to fix itself and small biz is folding like lawn chairs around here.  I just don't think they can print enough money to avoid enduring some market pain.  This will not be a V shaped recovery for the economy.  Far from it.  I am just not going all in on one strategy.  Who knows when this makes a hard pullback.  Airline news is flat scary.
WBA dropping 4 hours before it goes ex-Div. Now there is a buy signal. I traded it off the dip last month but it is looking like it is heading for a new low.
(08-17-2020, 09:28 AM)divmenow Wrote: Don't  laugh fenders lol. I just bought 2000 T. 

I don't believe what I'm hearing! 
You? The skeptic? Buying T? 

Has hell frozen over?  Big Grin

But I do approve of the strategy, it is one I've been using for years. T has to be viewed as a simple income play, no price appreciation to be expected but that div is juicy indeed.
Sold T puts today expiring in 3 weeks