Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to PPL and UL this morning.
Sold my weekly MO put. Would like some more shares but if not the premiums are still very fat.
Sold out AMP and BBY. Took my 41 points and will look to get back in cheaper.

Bought FDX, XOM and XEL
(05-19-2020, 02:14 PM)stockguru Wrote: Sold out AMP and BBY. Took my 41 points and will look to get back in cheaper.

Bought FDX, XOM and XEL

Very nice trade on AMP.  I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago.   Big Grin

SPY and Russell 2000 index funds make up about 30% of my equity positions that I normally leave alone through thick and thin since forever.  I am going to cut that in half in a few minutes and hope the market dips so I can cherry pick something safer to ride this out while I hope for the market to find some sanity.  I guess I get a 1/2% yield while I wait to make a move.  We'll see if that is a good decision or not in a few months.
(05-19-2020, 02:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 02:14 PM)stockguru Wrote: Sold out AMP and BBY. Took my 41 points and will look to get back in cheaper.

Bought FDX, XOM and XEL

Very nice trade on AMP.  I had never heard of it until a few weeks ago.   Big Grin

SPY and Russell 2000 index funds make up about 30% of my equity positions that I normally leave alone through thick and thin since forever.  I am going to cut that in half in a few minutes and hope the market dips so I can cherry pick something safer to ride this out while I hope for the market to find some sanity.  I guess I get a 1/2% yield while I wait to make a move.  We'll see if that is a good decision or not in a few months.

Just buy T under $29 and sell at $30. Rinse and repeat. Easy money while you wait for the market to correct  Big Grin

Bought FDX, XOM and XEL

(05-19-2020, 02:43 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 02:29 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Bought FDX, XOM and XEL

Just buy T under $29 and sell at $30. Rinse and repeat. Easy money while you wait for the market to correct  Big Grin
I always load up with T and MO down here.  I don't trade it for a buck but your point stands.  They will run up a bit eventually.  It's about as safe as a stock can get if you buy low.  You could throw KO and very few others on the list.  The list is short right now.
Well I really did it and sold about 60% of my remaining index fund positions. So if you see me shopping soon don't confuse that with excessive bullishness lol. I'm too cashy now and don't pretend to know what month the market will get off the crack pipe. Now I need about 5 stocks that pay a dividend at least as good as SPY (2.2%), that are guaranteed to get slammed far less than SPY. Otherwise this was pointless. Any suggestions?

Buffett would not approve, but then again he dumped two of my stocks and helped crash them even more so I don't care lol.
Bought LOW. I didn't buy at at the open. Got in under $117. Good buy or am I chasing it?

BMY put a limit order in at $60
(05-20-2020, 10:37 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought LOW. I didn't buy at at the open. Got in under $117. Good buy or am I chasing it?

LOW is doing very well. It may hit $150. This a is stock that will continue to do well just like HD.  These are names you want to own in this environment. You may be chasing here, but I'm fine with the buy. 

Not easy finding bargains now.

WBA and EV are a few that look cheap enough to buy here.
(05-20-2020, 10:37 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought LOW. I didn't buy at at the open. Got in under $117. Good buy or am I chasing it?

LOW- You're chasing it a little.  I follow HD and LOW pretty close.  That was a rocking quarter for LOW.  At first glance it appears they outperformed HD for the first time in years.  This next quarter is "Christmas" for home improvement retailers.  It gets a little sketchy after that IMO.  Locked down bored people did a lot of projects.  The Pros are getting busy now.  My region crushed sales while we had no competition for dollars from small biz (like 50% over weekly sales goals), and people spending stimulus checks not realizing some of them are about to be laid off longer.  HD showered employees with "hazard pay" and paid time off for old employees.  It killed our margins.  You know my crystal ball doesn't work all the time but I do have a good idea what is going on in home improvement retail because I spend considerable time there.  If you can make a quick 10% I'd be inclined to cash out.  I think the last half of this year is a little shaky.  That said LOW is a good company and CEO Marvin Ellison came from HD.  He knows our tricks and he is going to close the gap IMO.  LOW will be fine longterm

BMY- I own a ton already.  I'll buy more if it revisits 60.  It has more upside than most pharma IMO.
Sold a BMY put JUN 5 Strike 59. 100 more shares would finish out my position I intend to hold for years. Sold most of my CAT @117. I just bought it near 100 and it was supposed to go lower but it launched higher instead. I'll get another chance when the industrials face some reality.
Sold a BNS put at $35 today. I'm a Canadian bank stock virgin. MikeWA made me do it lol. So there's another $110 cash rotting in my portfolio.