Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
My COVID-19 portfolio
HD, VZ, ATVI, ABT, JNJ, LLY, AMGN, AMZN, PEP, PG, LMT, AMGN, WMT, BABA, COST, MCD, MSFT, AAPL, DOCU.

Just missed my top 19 were CHWY, MRK, HRL, DHR, TDOC and DGX

I’m sure there are others I can put on this list but these are the names I see doing well and can withstand further market downside. 11 of these names are core holdings of mine and add from time to time on big downswings.

I had added to PEP, AMGN, MCD, JNJ, ABT and DGR a few weeks back.

What would be your COVID-19 list?? (19 stocks)
(04-21-2020, 09:47 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:06 AM)stockguru Wrote: Took a new position in ABT this morning

Nice buy. One of your better ones   Big Grin  And continue to add to it. This will be at $125+ by years end.
Sold some ABT a couple days ago.  It's going down for sure.  Smile

J/K, it's a great long-term hold.  I was a little too fat on pharma.
Actually been thinking about trimming my ABT as well since its grown into my #2 position in the portfolio.

Love the company, but at a 28 trailing PE and 33 PE on current 2020 estimates with a 1.5% yield it's definitely getting expensive.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(04-21-2020, 09:06 AM)stockguru Wrote: Took a new position in ABT this morning

It's at an all time high price?
(04-21-2020, 10:04 AM)EricL Wrote: Actually been thinking about trimming my ABT as well since its grown into my #2 position in the portfolio.

Love the company, but at a 28 trailing PE and 33 PE on current 2020 estimates with a 1.5% yield it's definitely getting expensive.
It's way too expensive right now.  I'd be more tolerant of the PE if the DIV was better.  It won't have to pull back much for me to start nibbling again.

Overall, pulling your 2020 guidance and then SP running up isn't working for me.  My mindset is some cash is OK now.  I have so many stocks that something will surely get too cheap soon enough, even if the market stays lofty.
(04-21-2020, 09:50 AM)divmenow Wrote: My COVID-19 portfolio
HD, VZ, ATVI, ABT, JNJ, LLY, AMGN, AMZN, PEP, PG, LMT, AMGN, WMT, BABA, COST, MCD, MSFT, AAPL, DOCU.

Just missed my top 19 were CHWY, MRK, HRL, DHR, TDOC and DGX

I’m sure there are others I can put on this list but these are the names I see doing well and can withstand further market downside.  11 of these names are core holdings of mine and add from time to time on big downswings.

I had added to PEP, AMGN, MCD, JNJ, ABT and DGR a few weeks back.

What would be your COVID-19 list?? (19 stocks)
My CV19 core holding list is UTEs, Pharma, Defense, Consumer Staples.  

The nibble list is the sectors that will almost certainly struggle soon.  Industrials, restaurants, financials.  I'll be patient with these.
(04-21-2020, 10:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:04 AM)EricL Wrote: Actually been thinking about trimming my ABT as well since its grown into my #2 position in the portfolio.

It's way too expensive right now.  I'd be more tolerant of the PE if the DIV was better.  It won't have to pull back much for me to start nibbling again.

Overall, pulling your 2020 guidance and then SP running up isn't working for me.  My mindset is some cash is OK now.  I have so many stocks that something will surely get too cheap soon enough, even if the market stays lofty.

Agreed.  ABT is at an all time high SP.
Anyone own Baxter (BAX)? Seems like they raise their dividend every year but aren't on the CCC list?
(04-21-2020, 10:55 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Anyone own Baxter (BAX)? Seems like they raise their dividend every year but aren't on the CCC list?

BAX cut the dividend when it spun off Baxalta a few years back.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(04-21-2020, 10:39 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Agreed.  ABT is at an all time high SP.
That by itself doesn't alarm me so much.  Not really directed at ABT but I suspect pulling 2020 guidance is going to be abused.  I hope the analysts will press them for information.  They've seen enough of this to know what 2Q earnings might look like already.  I hope we don't wait in silence for three months for a 50% revenue miss from major companies that knew it was coming today.  If you pull guidance you probably dodge responsibility for pre-announcements halfway through the quarter.  Wouldn't be a big deal if so many companies were not within 10% of ATH.  Some good companies are not investable for now.
(04-21-2020, 11:06 AM)EricL Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:55 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Anyone own Baxter (BAX)?  Seems like they raise their dividend every year but aren't on the CCC list?

BAX cut the dividend when it spun off Baxalta a few years back.

Ahhh, got it, thanks.
I let my hair down and nibbled a few shares finally. Mostly UTEs I trimmed a few weeks ago. D-AEP-EXC-PPL-DNP and a little IP as well.

I've been building DNP for awhile. I might make it a full position if the market sells off again. It's a preferred stock ETF with mostly UTE shares. The yield is over 7%. Makes up the income for some of my lower yield UTEs like NEE and XEL.