Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Am I the only one thinking about investing in companies that require heavy foot traffic?? For example Cinemark, six flags, Dave and busters....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-18-2020, 08:17 PM)Dontmindmebro Wrote: Am I the only one thinking about investing in companies that require heavy foot traffic?? For example Cinemark, six flags, Dave and busters....

Yes, I believe you are. =)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(04-18-2020, 08:17 PM)Dontmindmebro Wrote: Am I the only one thinking about investing in companies that require heavy foot traffic?? For example Cinemark, six flags, Dave and busters....

You must like a good challenge.  I would wait until after the bankruptcy proceedings. It's highly likely for some of those businesses.  If you don't you run a substantial risk of losing all your money.  At the very least, hold that thought until this winter, then check out their current debt levels.  I owned FUN before all this happened.  I trimmed it way back for now.   

And welcome to the forum.
It's pretty quiet in here. Any Superbulls with amazing trades to report? I sold just a little pharma this morning. Still waiting for that big sale that may never come.
Added to BIP today.
I sold few Teva covered calls and more XLE puts.

Anyone owns biglari holdings? They have more CBRL and Tiffany stocks on their books than the current valuation of company itself. Trading at 1/5 times of assets. Looks too cheap.
(04-20-2020, 05:21 PM)vbin Wrote: I sold few Teva covered calls and more XLE puts.

Anyone owns biglari holdings? They have more CBRL and Tiffany stocks on their books than the current valuation of company itself. Trading at 1/5 times of assets. Looks too cheap.

Pretty sure I read a note a week or so ago that Biglari was upset with CBRL for some reason.  Did you see any details?  I'll do some looking.
(04-21-2020, 08:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 05:21 PM)vbin Wrote: I sold few Teva covered calls and more XLE puts.

Pretty sure I read a note a week or so ago that Biglari was upset with CBRL for some reason.  Did you see any details?  I'll do some looking.

Upset about how CBRL divested from Punch Bowl Social.
(04-21-2020, 08:35 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 08:11 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Upset about how CBRL divested from Punch Bowl Social.

Saw that, and he wants a CBRL  board seat.  Several failed attempts in the past I guess.  Worth a read VBIN.  News is from about APR 15th.
Took a new position in ABT this morning
(04-21-2020, 09:06 AM)stockguru Wrote: Took a new position in ABT this morning

Nice buy. One of your better ones   Big Grin  And continue to add to it. This will be at $125+ by years end.
Opened USO position @3.10