Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-16-2020, 08:12 AM)Binary Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Another horrendous new unemployment claims report.... green,green,green!  Smile

Only 5.2M, you've got to admit the worst is behind us Smile
We;re'flattening that curve like a champion!  Maybe in a couple months we'll have it down to a milly a week lol.
Bought some banks. PNC, DFS and USB
(04-16-2020, 08:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:44 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Another horrendous new unemployment claims report.... green,green,green!  Smile

We;re'flattening that curve like a champion!  Maybe in a couple months we'll have it down to a milly a week lol.

It's red now, very strange. FED printers out of ink?
(04-16-2020, 09:11 AM)Binary Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 08:14 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's red now, very strange. FED printers out of ink?

At some point they will have to allow some market price discovery.
I added some USB today, and just a few other stocks I trimmed 10% higher a week or so ago. Still very gradually selling anything that dares to get obviously overvalued vs earnings for the next 12 months. I'll get another chance to add back if I care to.
Bought some USB and PH.

History says every time you buy PH under a 13 PE you do very well
(04-16-2020, 11:10 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought some USB and PH.

History says every time you buy PH under a 13 PE you do very well

I've probably already said this but I am getting old so excuse me if I did lol.  PH is a great company.  Probably better run than some of the popular DOW industrials.  I wish I had bought more than I did down around $100.  The aviation exposure was priced in then.  The GOV is throwing down ridiculous money to save the industry so they probably do OK.  I'm certain they will be fine longer term.
Anyone else like IP? (International Paper) Boring BIZ but the Div is almost as good as MO or T and the payout ratio around 50%. I like it down here. Or is cardboard packaging going away and I just don't realize it? I think I am going to add some more IP.
(04-16-2020, 11:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Anyone else like IP?  (International Paper)  Boring BIZ but the Div is almost as good as MO or T and the payout ratio around 50%.  I like it down here.  Or is cardboard packaging going away and I just don't realize it?  I think I am going to add some more IP.

I do, especially yield at this price level. I keep adding and don't think their business is going away.
(04-16-2020, 11:43 AM)MikeWa Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:34 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Anyone else like IP?  (International Paper)  Boring BIZ but the Div is almost as good as MO or T and the payout ratio around 50%.  I like it down here.  Or is cardboard packaging going away and I just don't realize it?  I think I am going to add some more IP.

I do, especially yield at this price level. I keep adding and don't think their business is going away.
I like them because of the non-political risk profile and they seem to have adult leadership.  I don't have to worry they might acquire Carnival Cruise Lines or an airline like T might do next month just to surprise me (with borrowed money of course) lol.  I've never known anyone to be killed by a cardboard box or toilet paper so the litigation risk seems low.  I'm only half joking.   Big Grin   Most of my high yielders are just pure drama I don't look forward to dealing with every quarter or so.
(04-16-2020, 11:43 AM)MikeWa Wrote:

Stupid question here, but thought I'd ask:
So, on March 25th IP entered a 3640day revolving credit agreement worth $750 million (to boost its liquidity)... What does this mean for the company... Is it taking in more debt against its Assets (inorder to have more liquid cash for managing its day-to-day operations/investments) ?
What does this say about the management's faith in withstanding the current event ?
In short, is this a good move ?
Three new, small ($100 each) positions: KBAL, HCKT, and MPX