Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-08-2020, 11:27 PM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Added yet again to fenders' favourite, Red Electrica de Espana. (REE)
I'm seeing less and less good deals in the US markets, and my little plan for this coronavirus says to resume buys there if the sp500 falls to 2500. That is for extra buys, of course my regular monthly contribution will always go into the market no matter what.

So REE is where I go to, and I've been nibbling quite a bit recently.
Over 90% of their revenue comes from electric grids, both from owning the lines as well as managing the whole system. So that revenue stream and profit is not going anywhere, there could be maybe slightly less income if the electricity consumption goes down due to some factories being shut down, but it won't have a huge effect.
Excluding this coronavirus thing, the last time the price hit 15 euros was in the beginning of 2014. Dividend is pretty juicy around 6.5%.

I just don't see how I could go wrong with this one long term unless Spain turns into zombieland.
You're making Eric and I very proud lol.  And I think most of us agree on US stocks.  There are probably still some good deals,
 just don't ask us to prove it.  Smile
New unemployment claims drop to only 6 million this week.

Green, green green!!!!  Big Grin

EDIT: Never mind, looks like we tied the record of 6.6 million, still bullish, buy before it's too late lol.
(04-09-2020, 07:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote: New unemployment claims drop to only 6 million this week.

New highs coming!! Cruise ships are back to sailing, Airlines are at full capacity, Reits are getting paid from tenants, look at those restaurants serving people, Gas pumps crowded, and the tumbleweeds are off the streets!!

Woo hoo buy buy buy!! I’m in for 100 BA ?
(04-09-2020, 07:59 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 07:47 AM)fenders53 Wrote: New unemployment claims drop to only 6 million this week.

New highs coming!! Cruise ships are back to sailing, Airlines are at full capacity, Reits are getting paid from tenants, look at those restaurants serving people, Gas pumps crowded, and the tumbleweeds are off the streets!!

Exactly.  At some point it's just willful ignorance that should be punished.  I've seen plenty of panic buying over the years, but there was usually some rational reason driving it to some degree.  This isn't people adding their weekly 401K contribution.

Imagine a year from now when companies are crushing year over year quarters by 20%. I'm gonna bet the market will rejoice that too.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like we tied the record of 6.6 million, still bullish, buy before it's too late lol.

I wonder which company supplies the FED printer cartridges, I would really buy a position in that company now. This is nuts...
(04-09-2020, 08:21 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Exactly.  At some point it's just willful ignorance that should be punished.  I've seen plenty of panic buying over the years, but there was usually some rational reason driving it to some degree.  This isn't people adding their weekly 401K contribution.  

Imagine a year from now when companies are crushing year over year quarters by 20%.  I'm gonna bet the market will rejoice that too.
No one is buying stocks. No insider buys and most every company has suspended stock buy backs. That’s a true fact!! So who’s pouring money into the market?? You got it the fed!! And how much longer can they expect this to go on?? No earnings for at least 3-4 quarters. Even when the market was at new highs the S&P was projected to only grow at 2%. 

So Chew in that for a moment. lol. You would think if you were short you would make a killing at these levels  Big Grin 

I haven’t bought anything for a while snd I will continue to be patient and wait. I’m not chasing nothing with 0 percent growth!!
(04-08-2020, 02:41 PM)stockguru Wrote: Decided after all that to take a position in BA. I have missed this stock over the years only to see it triple. These levels here are low enough where I can wait it out. Its so heavily shorted that any positive news and this could go up $40 in a day. if it goes lower I will just add more.

(04-09-2020, 08:56 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:21 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

Imagine a year from now when companies are crushing year over year quarters by 20%.  I'm gonna bet the market will rejoice that too.
No one is buying stocks. No insider buys and most every company has suspended stock buy backs. That’s a true fact!! So who’s pouring money into the market?? You got it the fed!! And how much longer can they expect this to go on?? No earnings for at least 3-4 quarters. Even when the market was at new highs the S&P was projected to only grow at 2%. 

So Chew in that for a moment. lol. You would think if you were short you would make a killing at these levels  Big Grin 

I haven’t bought anything for a while snd I will continue to be patient and wait. I’m not chasing nothing with 0 percent growth!!
The FED can not buy stocks without Congressional approval.  There are theories they can arrange it indirectly.  Where these shares would end up I have no knowledge but it sounds shady.  They can definitely loan money to fools that want to buy now.  It hasn't exactly been a bad idea for two weeks.  In any event, my sell orders execute like clockwork.  Trimming again today.  And no thanks to any real shorting.  I'll hold a few long dated SPY puts for a but of a hedge and call it good.  Selling covered calls is shorting in a way.  Which reminds me I have to roll a few of those forward later today.  A couple of those didn't work out lol. I'll have to sell another week or two of premium.
Sold BA at $156 and change this morning for a quick $275 profit in basically an hour in holding it lol. I said why not take what I can get. I will look to re-enter at lower prices.
(04-09-2020, 09:26 AM)stockguru Wrote: Sold BA at $156 and change this morning for a quick $275 profit in basically an hour in holding it lol. I said why not take what I can get. I will look to re-enter at lower prices.

Shortest longterm hold eva!!!!   Big Grin 

J/K, this market has turned me into a trader with about 10% of my port.  You'll get many more chances to go long TSLA again if you like.  Oh wait, I meant BA, same thing lol.   Big Grin
Someone reached out to me over private messages and asked what my "quality" buy list looks like right now for upcoming earnings season. I thought I would just share it with everyone:

[Image: mTU5BGu.png]

It's short, as I was skimming the CCC List for Large Cap Aristocrats with yield over 2%, safe payout ratios, clean balance sheets (debt/equity info and S&P Credit Ratings taken from FAST Graphs, which is more accurate than the CCC list), Decent P/E ratios (or roughly within 10yr average), and Chowder Numbers over 12. For now, that's my hot list. 

It could expand if we get another big leg down and some of the companies with sky-high P/Es (HRL, MSFT, PEP, etc.) come back to Earth a bit.
(04-09-2020, 10:10 AM)Otter Wrote: Someone reached out to me over private messages and asked what my "quality" buy list looks like right now for upcoming earnings season. I thought I would just share it with everyone:

[Image: mTU5BGu.png]

It's short, as I was skimming the CCC List for Large Cap Aristocrats with yield over 2%, safe payout ratios, clean balance sheets (debt/equity info and S&P Credit Ratings taken from FAST Graphs, which is more accurate than the CCC list), Decent P/E ratios (or roughly within 10yr average), and Chowder Numbers over 12. For now, that's my hot list. 

It could expand if we get another big leg down and some of the companies with sky-high P/Es (HRL, MSFT, PEP, etc.) come back to Earth a bit.
Good info, I own some of those.  I knew the aristocrats and UTEs were a false sense of security with the sky high valuations coming into this.  Hopefully more will get closer to fair value soon.  I haven't checked the price lately but I looked at a stock like HRL in JAN and thought "are you kidding me?"
I bought a big position in SHV. It almost like a money market fund but this one had a nice yield and and you get a nice .16-.18 cents each month. This thing basically trades in a $1 range. I thought it was a nice place to hide and put money over the next 2-3 years. Collect those dividends lol

Does anyone else know this one or invest in it?

I Shares Short Treasury Bond ETF (SHV)