Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-06-2020, 08:46 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Well, guess the world is saved and the pandemic is over again!
Bought some REE from Madrid this morning again. They didn't rocket like the rest, so it's the only one I managed to grab from my buy list today.
Yup, the economy will definitely  be all better by the weekend lol.  I shouldn't make jokes.  This is going to make the 9-11 death #s look mild for the US.  Definitely not a buying day for me.  Another day of this and I'll be back to trimming yet again.
Another 2 points and I will be even on RTX

I will be adding on big dips. Ny goal is for this to be in my top 3 holdings

I took advantage today and trimmed some more names.

Tomorrow we go down 1500 points lol

It looks like that CBRL put isn't looking good lol
(04-06-2020, 10:37 AM)divmenow Wrote: Another 2 points and I will be even on RTX

I will be adding on big dips. Ny goal is for this to be in my top 3 holdings

I took advantage today and trimmed some more names.

Tomorrow we go down 1500 points lol

It looks like that CBRL put isn't looking good lol

Talkin to me?   Big Grin  It is when you are selling them.  Don't ever question my restaurant stock skills here again.  Oil,basic materials, transports, life insurance........... sure lol.
CNBC The bottom is in.... BUY BUY BUY lol

I just went long CBRL HAHA!

Did you get any HD ?? I really want to add. Too many times I miss it and then it goes to $225 lol
(04-06-2020, 11:26 AM)divmenow Wrote: CNBC The bottom is in.... BUY BUY BUY lol

I just went long CBRL HAHA!

Did you get any HD ?? I really want to add. Too many times I miss it and then it goes to $225 lol
Don't get too worried about the price targets that follow, they are about as accurate as your's lol.  It's all good.

I sold a LOT of shares of CBRL at $101.50.  I have some wiggle room.  My target is sub $70.  Div is gone now but I have faith it will return, and a special Div when they can.  I'll get back in when sanity returns.  They are going to have a horrible quarter or two.  

I don't own any HD.  My bad.  The bottom may be in.  They will be OK if they aren't totally shut down.  This is not a zero revenue story.  If I happen to be out of big cash I will buy a call when the overall market sees earnings reality.  HD will be much better off than most retailers.  

I have to go work there in a few hours so you get to hear a story.  We are posting door guards at entrance and exit now.  Only 100 customers in the store at a time.  Sometimes they have to wait five minutes to enter and many of these fools shopping for unnecessary crap they don't even need this month, don't want to be inconvenienced when they should be buying lawn fertilizer anyway.  They will run over an 18yr old girl so us old owly guys get the door duty lol.  We try to be courteous as we should.  I greet everyone with a smile and thank them for their patience.  Over 50% of them "get it" and are cordial.  Some of them of them actually thank me.  And now and then some old guy gets in my face and let's me know this is a hoax.  Bad move, because my response is always this....  "My daughter is working 12HR shifts in ER and washing her mask between patients because they are short equipment.  Take your fake virus BS to somebody else because I'm not hearing your delusion today".  Half of them stomp back to their car mad and we don't care.  Store managers are getting abused and they don't expect us to endure unlimited abuse.  None of us want to be there right now because it is dangerous for a modest wage.  Virus cases are starting to blow up locally and fools are still shopping for carpet and flowers.                            

I'm among friends here.  I'm both proud and scared as hell my only daughter is in harms way.  Now I know how my family felt when I deployed to the Middle East wars.
Starting to trim as multiple limit orders hit. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Ha the shorts got killed today!!! There getting a little nervous on that side... huh lol

We shall see if they scramble tomorrow or it’s back to them in charge again. It’s going to be an interesting day tomorrow.
(04-06-2020, 04:03 PM)divmenow Wrote: Ha the shorts got killed today!!! There getting a little nervous on that side... huh lol

We shall see if they scramble tomorrow or it’s back to them in charge again. It’s going to be an interesting day tomorrow.

I've come around to the idea of hedging my port, but outright shorting or pure cash has always scared me.  It's way too easy to get your face ripped off if you short so much that you are forced to cover in just a few days.  Too many of them use margin.  There is no rational reason for the market to run this hard right now, but the market is irrational so often.  Who knows if it will last, but we are possibly looking at up 2500 DOW pts in two days or less, the second time it's done this in about three weeks.    

So what to do?  My equity %  is where I want it for the long run right now.  Probably a little too high for my age.  A couple stocks I wished I had bought weeks ago but I have to fight the FOMO.  It's possible we've seen the lows, but straight back up seems impossible with the earnings we know are coming.  I will probably trim just a little more so I have a little more cash. Moving slow has been a good plan.
(04-07-2020, 07:20 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(04-06-2020, 04:03 PM)divmenow Wrote: Ha the shorts got killed today!!! There getting a little nervous on that side... huh lol

I've come around to the idea of hedging my port, but outright shorting or pure cash has always scared me.  It's way too easy to get your face ripped off if you short so much that you are forced to cover in just a few days.  Too many of them use margin.  There is no rational reason for the market to run this hard right now, but the market is irrational so often.  Who knows if it will last, but we are possibly looking at up 2500 DOW pts in two days or less, the second time it's done this in about three weeks.    

So what to do?  My equity %  is where I want it for the long run right now.  Probably a little too high for my age.  A couple stocks I wished I had bought weeks ago but I have to fight the FOMO.  It's possible we've seen the lows, but straight back up seems impossible with the earnings we know are coming.  I will probably trim just a little more so I have a little more cash. Moving slow has been a good plan.

That’s the problem. When you hold all that cash sometimes it’s bad decision because it’s hard to get back in. But it’s also not a bad idea to buy on the way back up then on the way down.  The market volatility is still way too high. We haven’t seen the bottom yet. I won’t believe it until we have those up 20 down 20 days. When we the last time we saw that kind of day lol. There’s still a ton of great buys out there even with the recent 2 day run. HD back over $200 wow!!
It's been amazing to watch. I will buy an economy on the way up, but absolutely not one very clearly on the way down. Almost all of the "great buys" are an illusion. I won't chase stocks that have bounced 20% in a week for no economic reason. Few stocks are good deals now, they just happen to be cheaper than they were when they were over-priced barely a month ago. Nothing good happened since then. I trimmed some more this morning. I entered this with too much cash and bought big time on the way down, so taking a few profits. I still own about 45 stocks and I still like most of them long-term. I refuse to believe at least some of them won't give me a very good entry point if I show a little restraint. I have a ton of long shares and always will. I am fine no matter which way the market goes short term.

As always I appreciate the back and forth debate. I learn more from those who challenge my thoughts. I'd like to think it makes us less likely to walk off the cliff like a bunch of sheep. The long-term DGI thing still works if you watch your valuations. The rest is noise in the end. Or blah,blah,blah and Guru likes to say lol.
(04-07-2020, 09:21 AM)fenders53 Wrote: It's been amazing to watch.  I will buy an economy on the way up, but absolutely not one very clearly on the way down.  Almost all of the "great buys" are an illusion.  I won't chase stocks that have bounced 20% in a week for no economic reason.  Few stocks are good deals now, they just happen to be cheaper than they were when they were over-priced barely a month ago.  Nothing good happened since then.  I trimmed some more this morning.  I entered this with too much cash and bought big time on the way down, so taking a few profits.  I still own about 45 stocks and I still like most of them long-term.  I refuse to believe at least some of them won't give me a very good entry point if I show a little restraint.  I have a ton of long shares and always will.  I am fine no matter which way the market goes short term.

As always I appreciate the back and forth debate.   I learn more from those who challenge my thoughts.  I'd like to think it makes us less likely to walk off the cliff like a bunch of sheep.  The long-term DGI thing still works if you watch your valuations.   The rest is noise in the end. Or blah,blah,blah and Guru likes to say lol.

Well no one listens to Guru anyway so lol  Big Grin
SPG up big today. Should we short it ?