Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
CAH looks like a good bargain still
Is the Corona Virus over??

From the way the market is trading you would think so lol. We still have at least 2 months of this left, maybe more. The US hasn't even seen the worst of it yet. We are 2 months behind Italy. Although I bought a few things in recent days I'm not going crazy here. So we got some sort of bail out today. How long do you think that will last. Many states are still on lockdown and business are all closed. Were no way out of the woods yet.

And CAH does look good here as does WBA and CVS

Bought GILD at $69.50

Lets go selloff market Smile
Not very good at holding cash...

Spent my CBRL proceeds on XOM and EOG.

Didn't want to be kicking myself later for not buying XOM at a 9%+ yield.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(03-25-2020, 02:55 PM)EricL Wrote: Not very good at holding cash...

Your like a kid in the candy store Eric lol

I'm the same way but I'm being a little bit more patient this time around  Big Grin

EOG was just at $27 or so. Did you buy any there?
XOM was like $3o it seems like yesterday lol

What about PSX? Don't like that one?
Hooray, the virus is finally over!!! Smile

The market has proven once again it is nuts lol. I bought absolutely nothing today and even sold a little more this afternoon when it hit 1000+ up. Nice to see my account up and have some real cash. Having no cash was stressing me out really bad lol.

Only gutsy move of the day was selling all my CBRL this morning at about 101. I need for it to drop now because I miss it. Smile
(03-25-2020, 03:02 PM)stockguru Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 02:55 PM)EricL Wrote: Not very good at holding cash...

Your like a kid in the candy store Eric lol

I'm the same way but I'm being a little bit more patient this time around  Big Grin

EOG was just at $27 or so. Did you buy any there?
XOM was like $3o it seems like yesterday lol

What about PSX? Don't like that one?

No I didn't buy either of them then, because I am 100% invested. Only reason I could buy today is because I sold CBRL. =)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Just noticed what the market did the last 30 minutes. That was a rough close.
(03-25-2020, 03:21 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Just noticed what the market did the last 30 minutes.  That was a rough close.

What’s going on here. The market is up on that news lol. Buy buy buy!!  Big Grin
(03-26-2020, 08:37 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 03:21 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Just noticed what the market did the last 30 minutes.  That was a rough close.

What’s going on here. The market is up on that news lol. Buy buy buy!!  Big Grin

It's confuserating for sure lol.   None of today's news is really news though.  I am going to be picky with my buys if I make any.  I am not even going to pretend to predict a market bottom, but I can't even fathom the next week or so isn't a bumpy ride.
(03-26-2020, 08:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's confuserating for sure lol.   None of today's news is really news though.  I am going to be picky with my buys if I make any.  I am not even going to pretend to predict a market bottom, but I can't even fathom the next week or so isn't a bumpy ride.

I guess everyone is back to work today lol. Up 800 got to love Wall Street!! CBS is down. Can we buy that one  Big Grin
(03-26-2020, 09:34 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 08:50 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

I guess everyone is back to work today lol. Up 800 got to love Wall Street!! CBS is down. Can we buy that one  Big Grin
It's that efficient market theory thing again.  The most ludicrous thing anyone ever said lol.  

Sold a little BP and even some HON.  If these fools run this up 1000 again I am going to trim a little off anything I own that is up.  I'll sleep better if even my core positions are back to 90% of what I wish to hold long-term.  I am too late to not be too early buying lol.  All I can do now is get my basis down some if this market stays this volatile.  I am getting really close to buying a few SPY puts.  Not something I usually do.      

Put TOL on your watch list.  I don't think I mentioned it but it was one of my best trades the past week.  The sector sounds crazy now but they have a lot of cash and they know how to survive a recession.  If it pulls back again I may re-enter.
Financial houses have started accepting stocks as collateral to land money. Indirectly fed is buying stocks. Can this market fight with the feds? I don't think so, it's dangerous, can go either way.