Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to T and STOR today.
(03-25-2020, 11:15 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:13 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I've sold or at least trimmed the following fine companies today.  

BP-CBRL-FUN-HON-DAL-TXRH-O-DIS-AMZN

Sold a few covered calls as well, all expiring Friday.  Need my weekly $500 free cash fix lol.  I'll roll them forward a few weeks if the market keeps flying higher which I highly doubt.  I smell a bulltrap. The market was historically oversold.

A lot on my buy list but it can wait a few days.

I bought DIS today and you sold it.  This is how there's a market.
I believe I mentioned it's a fine company.  I've owned it a week and up a years worth of returns, like pretty much everything else I listed.  We'll be DIS brothers again very soon.  I've seen this movie many times before.  The market was historically oversold and this is a classic bull trap if I ever saw one.  If I am wrong, well there is always the 80% of my port in long-term hold that is badly beaten up.   I'm not pretending to get rich here but I am taking very short-term profits off the table.  Some of these stocks are up 20-25% in a week.  I think I'll get another chance to buy back VERY soon.
(03-25-2020, 11:13 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I've sold or at least trimmed the following fine companies today.  

Sold a few covered calls as well, all expiring Friday.  Need my weekly $500 free cash fix lol.  I'll roll them forward a few weeks if the market keeps flying higher which I highly doubt.  I smell a bulltrap. The market was historically oversold.

I trimmed a lot today as well. After all that back and forth I'm back on the plus side for 202O lol

Sold my 1200 MO and made a nice profit on and I will also be getting $1,008 back from dividends I can put back to work in April (Got lucky lol)

Sold all my trades from getting in near the lows DFS, TJX, SPG, HII, YUM and BIP

Now I will sit on the cash and wait for 2 weeks to get back in cheaper. At least I hope so  Big Grin

Its a relief rally.. It was expected. My question and it worries me why TGT and WMT are down big today hmmm
I am with you there on this rally. Not going to last. We will test the lows or least close to it.

I sold a a lot of names too into this rally. Sitting on 50% cash now and got out without that much damage.

WMT in on my watch list divenow. Nice job on MO. I sold that one as well and DIS Wink

BTW thoughts on CLX?? I'm thinking of buying a position here
(03-25-2020, 11:50 AM)divmenow Wrote:

I trimmed a lot today as well. After all that back and forth I'm back on the plus side for 202O lol

Sold my 1200 MO and made a nice profit on and I will also be getting $1,008 back from dividends I can put back to work in April (Got lucky lol)

Sold all my trades from getting in near the lows DFS, TJX, SPG, HII, YUM and BIP

Now I will sit on the cash and wait for 2 weeks to get back in cheaper. At least I hope so  Big Grin

Its a relief rally.. It was expected. My question and it worries me why TGT and WMT are down big today hmmm
They have been mostly spared from the drop due to Hoardermania lol.  At some point you are laid off and just eat the groceries you bought last month.  Nobody is gonna starve lol.
(03-25-2020, 11:59 AM)kblake Wrote: I am with you there on this rally. Not going to last. We will test the lows or least close to it.

I sold a a lot of names too into this rally. Sitting on 50% cash now and got out without that much damage.

WMT in on my watch list divenow. Nice job on MO. I sold that one as well and DIS Wink

I refer you to my first rule of investing.  Never do today what you wish you had done yesterday, last week or whatever.  You missed the CLX ride so just let it go.  The bleach rally will end soon lol.
(03-25-2020, 12:13 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:59 AM)kblake Wrote: I am with you there on this rally. Not going to last. We will test the lows or least close to it.

I refer you to my first rule of investing.  Never do today what you wish you had done yesterday, last week or whatever.  You missed the CLX ride so just let it go.  The bleach rally will end soon lol.

The ride up... Was that just an educated guess. Its down from $197 in just a few weeks to $163. So its more at the bottom of its trading range  Big Grin
(03-25-2020, 12:17 PM)kblake Wrote:

The ride up... Was that just an educated guess. Its down from $197 in just a few weeks to $163. So its more at the bottom of its trading range  Big Grin

It's a cleaning products company trading at a 26 PE so jump back in if you like. They willl have a good quarter. I see 100 better options today.
(03-25-2020, 12:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

It's a cleaning products company trading at a 26 PE so jump back in if you like. They willl have a good quarter. I see 100 better options today.

There's no better options today with the market up 1200 points  Big Grin
(03-25-2020, 12:24 PM)kblake Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 12:22 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

There's no better options today with the market up 1200 points  Big Grin
I disagree.  Half of what I sold today is a better long-term idea than CLX. It was overvalued before it went into pot stock mode for a week or so. The traders already left.
Added more DFS and GOOG

And shorted CLX Smile
Rare event today, haven't done anything like that in almost a year now: I sold somethingSmile Got rid of BA with minimal gain and bought TROW instead.