Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(03-22-2020, 05:23 PM)divmenow Wrote: Here we go again. Futures are limit down. At this rate we may be headed to 2010 levels. Soon every stock will be a $1. I can buy 1000 shares of LMT. But my cash will have run out by then lol

(03-22-2020, 05:50 PM)NilesMike Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 05:23 PM)divmenow Wrote: Here we go again. Futures are limit down. At this rate we may be headed to 2010 levels. Soon every stock will be a $1. I can buy 1000 shares of LMT. But my cash will have run out by then lol

Unreal, I was in for 2:06 LOL

Only way I'm making money for the most part.
Has to be the same for everyone.  If you aren't trading in some form you are just watching your port melt-down not so slowly.  I'm afraid it's going to scare a generation away from investing in equities and that's not good for a number of reasons.

Looks like the stimulus bill may take a few more days. They don't have much time, but it's a huge amount of money so they need to get it approximately right. Probably should have broken it up into stages as this isn't likely the last of it anyway.
Well.
I added to fender's favourite, Red Eléctrica de España.
Also added to HON.
And initiated a position in PFE.

Those 3 purchases have an average yield of a little over 5%. I can live with that. Smile
And the beatings continue..... I almost posted something crazy an hour ago like the markets have a chance of being at least flat for a couple days. Lots of financial stimulus news expected and we'll see if it helps. The unemployment numbers at the end of the week will be epic and likely kill any chance of calm returning for more than a day or two.
(03-23-2020, 08:59 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Well.
I added to fender's favourite, Red Eléctrica de España.
Also added to HON.
And initiated a position in PFE.

Those 3 purchases have an average yield of a little over 5%. I can live with that. Smile

Refer to me as "Ute Dawg" from now on please.  Smile  

I may add a few shares today but not much.  Probably back to option selling tricks closer to Friday.
Added to JNJ and PFE.
Started a position in RSG. Been watching the garbage business for a long time. Added a bit of MMM and LEVI.
Added to V.
I'm getting close to buying more BRK.B -- thoughts? I bought it last in 2015 / 2016 in the 120s and 130s, and I hate to average up with today's prices of $162. But I suspect given the ocean of cash they are sitting on and the bargains available to them, today's price may be an even better deal than back then.
(03-23-2020, 11:19 AM)Kerim Wrote: I'm getting close to buying more BRK.B -- thoughts? I bought it last in 2015 / 2016 in the 120s and 130s, and I hate to average up with today's prices of $162. But I suspect given the ocean of cash they are sitting on and the bargains available to them, today's price may be an even better deal than back then.

Completely agree and plan to add more myself by the end of the month.
added to DUK, MO and AEP. New positions in DFS, PM and BRK.B

Yes Kerim. I'm a buyer here. Cant time the bottom but if you loved it at $200 its a steal here lol. Buffet is loving this decline. He will be putting that money to good use soon enough.
Added to D, ED, JNJ, KO, MMM, MO, NWL, O, PG, T, TD (new pos), VZ
(03-23-2020, 11:19 AM)Kerim Wrote: I'm getting close to buying more BRK.B -- thoughts? I bought it last in 2015 / 2016 in the 120s and 130s, and I hate to average up with today's prices of $162. But I suspect given the ocean of cash they are sitting on and the bargains available to them, today's price may be an even better deal than back then.

Sounds like a good plan Kerim.  I'd try to learn to worry a LOT less about what a stock cost 3 or 5 years ago on whatever random day you happened to buy it.  It's completely irrelevant.  I've purchased MSFT shares for less than $20.  Should I wait for that so I know it's OK to buy again?  I know that's a ridiculous example, just making a point.  It's about current valuation, and where we think the future lies.