Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added a big position to MO at $35.20. Love those prices.

WPC looks interesting. But they shouldn't have raised the dividend today. Should have used to pay down debt or give to employees who are being laid off.

Sold out of WEN made 42% on it lol
added to JNJ, PEP, KO, MO, PM and PG

Yes there is a theme here lol

All these stocks are down big today and these are the kind of companies I want to own on times such as these
(03-19-2020, 11:02 AM)vbin Wrote: I think rally coming to short cap. Big caps will take a hit or will be shorted on a next down day. Other than GD all my purchases are green from yesterday, good for a change.

@EricL I think you should have stayed in oxy as well. Saudis and Russians can't survive $25 oil either.

I'll never tire of this debate even if I'm out.   Smile  According to Aramco filings it costs SA a little under $10bbl to put oil on a ship.  It's their only real income so that's not their goal.  Russian oil minister said he was cool with $25 long-term well before it happened.  US announcing they would fill up their strategic reserve accomplished absolutely nothing.  This is about as bad as it can possibly get because there is no hope for normal demand until later this year if we are lucky.  SA and Russia will have to cut production deep to get oil back to $35 and that still buries the US frackers.  

So I am on Eric's side if that wasn't clear lol.  If the majors cut dividends as they should, I might get some skin back in the game.
(03-19-2020, 11:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 11:02 AM)vbin Wrote: I think rally coming to short cap. Big caps will take a hit or will be shorted on a next down day. Other than GD all my purchases are green from yesterday, good for a change.

@EricL I think you should have stayed in oxy as well. Saudis and Russians can't survive $25 oil either.

I'll never tire of this debate even if I'm out.   Smile  According to Aramco filings it costs SA a little under $10bbl to put oil on a ship.  It's their only real income so that's not their goal.  Russian oil minister said he was cool with $25 long-term well before it happened.  US announcing they would fill up their strategic reserve accomplished absolutely nothing.  This is about as bad as it can possibly get because there is no hope for normal demand until later this year if we are lucky.  SA and Russia will have to cut production deep to get oil back to $35 and that still buries the US frackers.  

So I am on Eric's side if that wasn't clear lol.  If the majors cut dividends as they should, I might get some skin back in the game.
We shall see. I think the risk is to upside on oil from here. Today oil had it's largest 1 day climb. I never believe a politician.
Sold RTN for a 28% gain
Sold WELL for a 27.2 gain
Sold O for a 16.7% gain
Sold OHI for a 52% gain
Sold CBRL for a 28.9% gain

I will live to fight another day.

Now I'm up 7.2 % for the year. This is fun so far lol

With some of the proceeds added to my long positions in MO, DUK, AEP, and JNJ.. These are core holdings. Not sellimg.

I will be looking to add to other core positions over the next few days.
(03-19-2020, 02:50 PM)divmenow Wrote: Sold RTN for a 28% gain
Sold O for a 16.7% gain
Sold OHI for a 52% gain

With some of the proceeds added to my long positions in MO, DUK, AEP, and JNJ.. These are core holdings. Not sellimg.

I will be looking to add to other core positions over the next few days.
Wow nice job. I was never good at timing and trading in and out. But if your good at it, this is the kind of market to do that in.

OHI is killing it today. I bought in at $19 and when I saw $14 I had a stroke lol. Wish I added more

Al least I bought SPG near the lows today lol

JNJ looking like a good entry point as well. Utilities as well. I have AEP and may add more.
(03-19-2020, 02:50 PM)divmenow Wrote: Sold RTN for a 28% gain
Sold O for a 16.7% gain
Sold OHI for a 52% gain

I will be looking to add to other core positions over the next few days.uh

Can't complain about that considering the market really isn't up much.
(03-19-2020, 02:03 PM)vbin Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 11:19 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

We shall see. I think the risk is to upside on oil from here. Today oil had it's largest 1 day climb. I never believe a politician.

I think the prez could talk Saudi down, but not unless frackers stop over supply. Tricky in a free economy.
They just closed all business in my state. Mandatory as of last night. ALL non-life-sustaining business across Pennsylvania should be closed.

What’s it like in your states? Looks like things are about to get worse. Getting real scary out there.
I live in Japan. We are 3-4 weeks ahead in the crazy cycle. We ran out of toilet paper a long time ago. I don't think the market fall has yet to be truly realized.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
No significant cases is Iowa (that we know of). Considering that, fairly aggressive measures. Bars, restaurants, athletics, school etc. Most retail is open but shorter hours and some risk reduction measures. My only daughter is an EMT. She runs people to ER, and she works in ER at her other job. There is my fear if it hits hard here.
We are still doing okay in South Dakota, although there were three more cases announced yesterday.

No community spread yet, so we aren't locked down or anything. The city has canceled public events and are recommending no groups over ten people, but otherwise things are pretty normal thus far.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha