Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I added to UNH this morning. I have been waiting for a dip for quite some time now.
PCG getting very interesting down here. It has been a great dividend stock over the years. I know thy may be at fault for the wild fires but this selloff might be a bit over done. Anyone thinking of buying?
Damn CVS, whats going on
Added to HON, PEP, T. The first two were planned additions but I also decided to get some more T now that the price is good.
Nice adds Crimson. I own all the names as well.

CVS and WBA billm. Amazon may be getting into the prescription business and if that's the case more pain could be ahead. I just bought WBA a few days ago as I believe its an over reaction. To me most people would rather go to there local pharmacy to refill prescriptions. Alot of people cant wait 2 days to get them.
(10-13-2017, 09:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Nice adds Crimson. I own all the names as well.

CVS and WBA billm. Amazon may be getting into the prescription business and if that's the case more pain could be ahead. I just bought WBA a few days ago as I believe its an over reaction. To me most people would rather go to there local pharmacy to refill prescriptions. Alot of people cant wait 2 days to get them.

Thats what i'm thinking, but the market does not like it.
(10-13-2017, 09:53 AM)billm Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:47 AM)divmenow Wrote: Nice adds Crimson. I own all the names as well.

Thats what i'm thinking, but the market does not like it.

There's always panic when it comes to Amazon news. HD fell $10 in a week on the Amazon and Sears news and its recovered. A lot of others stock in retail have as well including TGT. And remember Target has CVS in all stores and that continues to move higher. This shall all pass as well.
Be very careful buying brick and mortar pharmacy names.

http://managedhealthcareexecutive.modern...page=0%2C1

"In 2016, patients who are currently ages 35 to 54 years old will begin hitting the age range where many will be filling two or more medications per year. This demographic is also the age range that is currently responsible for 47% of the total purchases made online in 2014. In approximately five to 10 years, these patients will become the ideal candidates for the online/mail-order pharmacy.

Through data gathering and analysis the results are clear. The generation that is most comfortable with Internet use, online shopping, and relying on packages mailed to their house is about to intersect with the perfect demographic of patients that are filling two or more medications per month."
I took a big position in PCG down another $3 today. I think it represents a great long term buy now at these levels. Yield almost 4% now.
(10-16-2017, 09:07 AM)divmenow Wrote: I took a big position in PCG down another $3 today. I think it represents a great long term buy now at these levels. Yield almost 4% now.

divmenow,  what causing the downdraft?  I don't follow this stock, but will do a little research.
The CA wildfires. They are under investigation that possibly their lines were the cause. But that will be very hard to prove since the winds were so strong. Stock hasn't seen these levels since 2015. The dust will settle.
(10-17-2017, 07:58 AM)divmenow Wrote: The CA wildfires. They are under investigation that possibly their lines were the cause. But that will be very hard to prove since the winds were so strong. Stock hasn't seen these levels since 2015. The dust will settle.

Thanks,  Did a little research and found the same reasoning.  Just starting a position this AM.