Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(04-25-2017, 01:55 PM)divmenow Wrote: I bought some IBM today. How can you not with a dividend of $1.50 now and a yield of 3.5. Tech could be the leader of this market and IBM hopefully will take part in that.
In 10 or so years when everyone is on the cloud, even if IBM is only 3rd or 4th player in the industry, the market opportunity will be huge.

Long IBM, bought more recently as well.
(04-25-2017, 02:21 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 01:55 PM)divmenow Wrote: I bought some IBM today. How can you not with a dividend of $1.50 now and a yield of 3.5. Tech could be the leader of this market and IBM hopefully will take part in that.
In 10 or so years when everyone is on the cloud, even if IBM is only 3rd or 4th player in the industry, the market opportunity will be huge.

Long IBM, bought more recently as well.

I've owned IBM for maybe five years and I'm happy to hold.  The declining revenue is very frustrating, but the payout ratio is low enough that we can absorb the dividends until they figure this out.
What's everyone's opinion on Seagate Technologies (STX)?

Huge drop today, 5%+ dividend... Trap or opportunity?
Too me STX has never been a long term kind of hold stock. Too many disappointments over the years. It went from $68 to $18 and back to $50 until today's drop. Too many wild swings for my taste lol. WDC is the clear better company if you want to be in that sector; but me personally never liked that space. Would rather just keep adding to IBM.
Added to my MO holding at $68.50 in the pre-market. Earnings slight miss but they reaffirmed guidance for next quarter. Never thought I would get an opportunity under $70 again.
Adding to ADM and EMR on the fall today.
(05-02-2017, 09:55 AM)Rasec Wrote: Adding to ADM and EMR on the fall today.
(05-02-2017, 10:30 AM)divmenow Wrote:

nice buys RASEC. I like ADM here as well. I may add some. Looks like a big over reaction as well. Sales improved and company looks better positioned for 2018.
(05-02-2017, 10:34 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 10:30 AM)divmenow Wrote:

nice buys RASEC. I like ADM here as well. I may add some. Looks like a big over reaction as well. Sales improved and company looks better positioned for 2018.

I have a position already which I may double now. Seems like an overreaction. I only had a brief moment to look through the press release, but it seems that everything is where it should be, but as much as the analysts would expect it?
I added a little DIS today. It's my largest holding now.
GWW and added to IBM
Added more DIS and some IBM