Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Opened Magna International yesterday at 41.
1/2 position in F (giving me a full position now), and full positions in NYCB and LB... Yummu ;-)

Ronn
Just be careful in F guys, it is not a good long term holding. I know the 5% yield looks really tempting, but if the economy turns for the worse, that dividend will be cut, just like it has in the past.

Here is a 20 year chart of F, during which it has cut the dividend 3 times.

Here is the last 7 years, which has negative earnings growth and a -3.3% annualized return.

Car loan delinquencies are rising and sales have plateaued.

Be careful.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Opened up a small initial position in SBUX.
(04-06-2017, 09:32 AM)ChadR Wrote: Opened up a small initial position in SBUX.

I've always wanted to own SBUX but have never initiated a position.  30x earnings seems expensive, though.
Yes, 30x earnings does seem expensive. When I say a small position, it's 1 share through Loyal3. This was mainly for tracking. I had some dividends that I used to buy the share and without a commission it was a decent enough reason for me to jump into SBUX at 30x earnings. I wouldn't buy a decent amount at 30x earnings.
you know you can track stocks without buying them Big Grin
I know, but it's psychological for me. I will track it closer once I own the stock. Also it makes it easier on me when my wife goes to Starbucks so at least I'm getting a small portion of her purchase back in a dividend the next quarter.
Instead of focusing only on current P/E I like to think of borrowing next years money and I look at Forward P/E, I believe I bought a few times already (close to a full position) at FWD P/E of 22-25 range.

It's not a terrible deal for a great business.
(04-06-2017, 04:02 PM)Rasec Wrote: It's not a terrible deal for a great business.

It's definitely a great business.  Instead of Starbucks, we call it Sixbucks in my family.
Added to CVS and IBM.
Bought some T and DOW today. Love the dip in Dow and the upside from the Dupont Merger. And I have few other dividend stocks on my list I will be buying at end of the week.