Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bargain basement shopping - XOM 3.67% & UPS 3.09%
(02-21-2017, 09:11 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Added to LB.  At these levels (52-week low), I think it's a good use of pooled dividends.

LB You can get it even cheaper now. Down $7 after a dismal earnings report tonight. I now have it on my watch list to buy if it should get to $48 or so. At $50 right now. They will turn it around at some point.
(02-22-2017, 05:43 PM)divmenow Wrote:
(02-21-2017, 09:11 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Added to LB.  At these levels (52-week low), I think it's a good use of pooled dividends.

LB You can get it even cheaper now. Down $7 after a dismal earnings report tonight. I now have it on my watch list to buy if it should get to $48 or so. At $50 right now. They will turn it around at some point.

I wonder if that drop will hold by the open
(02-22-2017, 06:42 PM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 05:43 PM)divmenow Wrote:

I wonder if that drop will hold by the open
It's down over $8 now. Its the future guidance that missed horribly. But I'm thinking they may be able to beat those low number of .20-.25 next quarter. Still haven't bought as I'm waiting to see where it settles. Right now retail is a bad place to invest at.
I'd be a bit wary of LB as they are more sensitive to competition than some other names as they are basically just Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works. Also keep in mind their junk BB+ credit rating and short history as a dividend growth company. I think there is greater risk of them being "Amazon'd" than something like VFC would be.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(02-23-2017, 10:13 AM)EricL Wrote: I'd be a bit wary of LB as they are more sensitive to competition than some other names as they are basically just Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works. Also keep in mind their junk BB+ credit rating and short history as a dividend growth company. I think there is greater risk of them being "Amazon'd" than something like VFC would be.

True Eric. But most women cant feel sexy unless they try lingerie in the stores. Cant really try on bra's and panties in Amazon lol.
(02-23-2017, 11:04 AM)divmenow Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 10:13 AM)EricL Wrote: I'd be a bit wary of LB as they are more sensitive to competition than some other names as they are basically just Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works. Also keep in mind their junk BB+ credit rating and short history as a dividend growth company. I think there is greater risk of them being "Amazon'd" than something like VFC would be.

True Eric. But most women cant feel sexy unless they try lingerie in the stores. Cant really try on bra's and panties in Amazon lol.

Considering the lingerie they sell is mostly overpriced cotton underwear and not the sexy/risque stuff, I'm surprised they've managed to last this long.
(02-23-2017, 07:39 PM)navyasw02 Wrote:
(02-23-2017, 11:04 AM)divmenow Wrote:

Considering the lingerie they sell is mostly overpriced cotton underwear and not the sexy/risque stuff, I'm surprised they've managed to last this long.

Foot Locker had some good earnings today. I'm thinking that has to be positive for NKE moving forward. Added today. Just hope I didn't get in too late.
More XOM at 3.7%

Added UPS, HRL, VFC
added XOM @ 81.06
On Friday 2/24, added to my VFC position