Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought more $KO yielding 3.5%.

(12-01-2016, 01:26 PM)jim Wrote: Anyone buying REITs at these levels? Should we avoid them at all costs?

I bought OHI recently and have been looking pretty hard at COR. EXR also doesn't look bad.

I think there are pockets of good value in the specialty REITs, but O still looks a bit expensive yet.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-01-2016, 03:49 PM)EricL Wrote:
(12-01-2016, 01:26 PM)jim Wrote: Anyone buying REITs at these levels? Should we avoid them at all costs?

I bought OHI recently and have been looking pretty hard at COR. EXR also doesn't look bad.

I think there are pockets of good value in the specialty REITs, but O still looks a bit expensive yet.

Thank you. I am looking OHI too and planning to add. I sold my O shares at 61 some time back to buy some discounted stocks, only to see it rise to 70s (obviously I dont feel that bad anymoreSmile
added more to V
Add to my AZN @ $25.85
Dividend Investors Shouldn’t Ignore This Company’s 8%+ Yield

No matter if you are searching for dividend growth or a high-dividend yield stock, there is one important factor for all income investors to consider: the volatility. Volatility is measured by beta, which is 0.43 for SNH stock, compared to a beta of one for the overall market. This simply means that if the market dropped by one percent, SNH stock would fall by 0.43% on average.
Bought HRL at $33.80. This was a new position for me. Anyone have any opinions on HRL at this point? They just increased their dividend 17%.
(12-05-2016, 03:23 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Bought HRL at $33.80. This was a new position for me. Anyone have any opinions on HRL at this point? They just increased their dividend 17%.

I don't think you'll have any regrets buying Hormel. Seems to be a very well run company and has done quite well over the years. Don't own it personally, but probably will down the road.
Sold out of my position in Wyndham Worldwide (WYN) and opened new positions in Extra Space Storage (EXR) and CoreSite Realty (COR).
Bought JNJ at $110. May go to $108 but like this level for the long haul.
Added JNJ and HRL
Just couldn't say no to JNJ at 16 FWE P/E, added 20% to my position as well.