Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I initiated a position in CAH
WFC continues to slide, down to $44.65 right now, was almost $51 a few weeks ago. Any thoughts?
(09-30-2016, 11:45 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: WFC continues to slide, down to $44.65 right now, was almost $51 a few weeks ago.  Any thoughts?

My thoughts, it'll get worst before it gets better. Warren Buffett will be the key in the stock price going forward.
(09-30-2016, 12:46 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 11:45 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: WFC continues to slide, down to $44.65 right now, was almost $51 a few weeks ago.  Any thoughts?

My thoughts, it'll get worst before it gets better. Warren Buffett will be the key in the stock price going forward.
I wont invest in a crooked company. I lost all respect for the CEO and WFC. Way better buys out there in the banking sector. But your right. It will get much worse then better.
I bought my first JNJ shares @ $117.50 on Thursday. The purchase wasn't big and I'm happy to add more if someone will sell under $110 or especially under $100, still I don't feel I grossly overpayed either.

This is my 8th position in my starting portfolio and with it I feel much more patient waiting for bargains and a possible dip. Now I'm watching for example T, V, NKE, SBUX, MCD, CAH, GSK. Do you think these are close to buy prices, maybe 5-10% drop from where they are now?
GSK is good at this level.
MCD at around $100 for me.

The rest I'm not watching Smile!
(10-01-2016, 08:46 AM)O Wrote: I bought my first JNJ shares @ $117.50 on Thursday. The purchase wasn't big and I'm happy to add more if someone will sell under $110 or especially under $100, still I don't feel I grossly overpayed either.

This is my 8th position in my starting portfolio and with it I feel much more patient waiting for bargains and a possible dip. Now I'm watching for example T, V, NKE, SBUX, MCD, CAH, GSK. Do you think these are close to buy prices, maybe 5-10% drop from where they are now?

V is a buy at any price. It will continue to go up. But if you want something much cheaper on a valuation level take a look at DFS. Discover. Way undervalued at these levels and only trading at a 10 PE. I bought on Thursday. This is easily a 70+ stock. SBUX and NKE are now stocks that will be a out of favor for some time. No need to rush in and buy even at these levels. T good buy but I'm a VZ fan. Better growth moving forward. But cant go wrong with either. JNJ nice buy at these levels. You will do well with that holding!

Great companies that have gotten kicked to curb and are strong buys at these levels are DG, CVS, GILD, GE, and BMY. Those are just a few quality name stocks that have sold off hard.
Opened a position in CVS.
Picking up some MO at this price!

Anyone else adding?
(10-01-2016, 05:42 PM)divmenow Wrote: V is a buy at any price. It will continue to go up. But if you want something much cheaper on a valuation level take a look at DFS. Discover. Way undervalued at these levels and only trading at a 10 PE. I bought on Thursday. This is easily a 70+ stock. 

Why is DFS so cheap compared to V or MA?
added a bit to my existing positions in  MO, KO, FLO, CVS.  My current diversification.

[Image: gFdCfXw.png]
Regarding DFS. Fair value is right around $95. Its got a PE of 10 and its earnings $5.35 a share. Need I say more. Its one of these best valued stocks. V and MA on a great run. Discover is next. And they also raised its dividend. What's not to like? BTW I bought TJX, PEP, and PRU today.

Actually CVS and MO are on my watch list along with the beaten down utilities like D and Duk. Not buying just yet.