Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(09-26-2016, 02:48 PM)Jason Wrote: Started a position in Lowes.

Why LOW and not HD?

I've been trying to decide between both for a while now  Big Grin
(09-26-2016, 05:07 PM)Rasec Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 02:48 PM)Jason Wrote: Started a position in Lowes.

Why LOW and not HD?

I've been trying to decide between both for a while now  Big Grin

I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Both have excellent dividend growth and solid earnings growth. HD's metrics are slightly better, but for me I would rather shop at Lowes.
Bought NVO. Got to love at these levels.
(09-26-2016, 07:21 PM)Jason Wrote: I would rather shop at Lowes.

Maybe it's a regional preference.  Out West where I live, HD seems to have lower prices on everything compared to Lowe's, but Lowe's has more staff available to assist, seems to be a cleaner store, and feels like it's a quicker in & out experience compared to HD.
(09-27-2016, 03:42 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(09-26-2016, 07:21 PM)Jason Wrote: I would rather shop at Lowes.

Maybe it's a regional preference.  Out West where I live, HD seems to have lower prices on everything compared to Lowe's, but Lowe's has more staff available to assist, seems to be a cleaner store, and feels like it's a quicker in & out experience compared to HD.

I think you are spot on. Lower prices is what gives HD an edge and probably why its share price has outperformed Lowe's. But the way you combat low prices is with friendly and helpful staff, clean stores and fast checkout.  Fortunately for Lowe's, Home Depot has yet to brainwash consumers like Walmart has with it's smiley faces Smile and falling prices.
Took a new position in ITW. I have been watching this stock forever and never got in. Doesn't give you much of a pullback. Still very undervalued even at these levels. Will hit $125-150 at some point so said just go ahead and buy lol.
Will open a position tonight on Nike, for now I'm happy seeing it drop as the day goes by!
(09-28-2016, 11:32 AM)Rasec Wrote: Will open a position tonight on Nike, for now I'm happy seeing it drop as the day goes by!

I've held NKE for a while now and these drops don't bother me at all.  In fact, Tim McAleenan wrote an article overnight about the dip in NKE and how this was a good time to buy.

http://theconservativeincomeinvestor.com...right-now/
Bought NKE today, FLO yesterday, CVS last week. Next up is DG and LOW
NKE looking good at these levels but I'm hoping for $45-46 before I add more. Too much competition right now from Under Armor and Adidas and North American sales are slowing and no improvements are expected until late 2017. The one good thing about Nike that everyone forgets is they own Converse and that part of the business was up 4%. Lots of room for growth there.
WOW!! It's turning out to be a blood fest out there today!
Sure is. One of those days you don't look lol. But at least the oil stocks are up.