Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
I'm tempted to buy some OHI and VTR. I'm trying to decide if I should wait for earnings (both report this week) or not.
(02-09-2016, 12:52 PM)Caversham Wrote: I'm tempted to buy some OHI and VTR.  I'm trying to decide if I should wait for earnings (both report this week) or not.

If your brokerage fees aren't too big then you could consider buying 50% before and 50% after the report.
Another method I use in that situation is pretty simple too. Just forget about the earnings report and decide if you would buy those at the current price in any case.
Yeah I have a big OHI position already so I nibbled on some OHI but really loaded the boat on HCP. Small HCP position before, so I'm happy with the purchase.
Picked up a 1/2 position in VTR on the dip below $54.
Exited COP after the divvy cut and plan to redeploy into MMP with it tips below $59 (43% loss of capitol/DRIPs--OUCH! But the redeploy will actually increase my divvy income)
Added to MAIN, STAG and WPC in Jan, and will probably add to my OHI this month.
I'm overweight in EPD and SE or I'd add to them as well.

Ronn
Also bought a bit more of my healthcare REITs: OHI, HCP & VTR, as well as WFC.
I'm really eyeing DIS here below $90. Wondering if it will fall even lower. They just reported record earnings. Anyone have thoughts on DIS?
Anyone buying or watching CSCO ahead of the earnings tonight? It looks cheap under $23 and pays a nice 3.6% dividend!
(02-10-2016, 10:30 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: I'm really eyeing DIS here below $90.  Wondering if it will fall even lower.  They just reported record earnings.  Anyone have thoughts on DIS?

I thought it was gonna hit my GTC earlier this morning at $85, it got close, $86.25, before going up again!
Forgot to post, but I added to HCN during the bloodbath and established a position in GILD
(02-10-2016, 10:42 AM)divmenow Wrote: Anyone buying or watching CSCO ahead of the earnings tonight? It looks cheap under $23 and pays a nice 3.6% dividend!

Guess I should have bought lol. Dodgy Wow nice report and raised the dividend.
Couldn't resist and bought BAC at $11.32. Issues from the past few years have all been cleared up. They are massively profitable and out of favor due to the Countrywide acquisition, but the associated liabilities have been removed. Their annual dividend is being held at only $0.20 by the govt, so they have over $1/share of retained earnings. As soon as they are cleared to raise their dividend, we'll probably see some great dividend growth and share repurchases. This is a smaller position for me, and a value play. Probably won't hold onto this forever.
I was planning on buying CSCO today. I was a little late.

Ended up buying MRK, TGT, and NUE instead. At least this will add a little diversity to the portfolio.