Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stocks On Sale - What are you buying?
Over the past week, stocks have pulled back. I recently added KO, WMT, PSX, AMP, and CVX when my limit orders were filled. What is everyone else buying?
I was excited at the open today that the sale was going to get even better. For the better part of 2013 I've been adding what I consider to be non-core holdings (ARCP, for example), and I want very much to add to my core holdings. My shopping list includes the big DG names: JNJ, KO, MCD, PG, GIS. I think this pullback has been good, and have brought valuations into much safer territory, but I am still not exactly excited about these prices. As the market heads north this afternoon, I'm losing interest.

Curious about your recent KO purchase. You're good with current valuations? I own no shares, but have long wanted to start a position. I know that absent a major market downturn I am unlikely to get it at a real steal, but I would like to wait for another trip below 18 p/e or 3% yield. Think I'll be waiting a good long time?
Same here, Tom. I've been stalking shares of PM lately, and saw it in the low $86 range early in the day. Then had a busy day at work, and the next time I checked back in late afternoon it was almost $88 again! (Though I see now that it gave some of that back into the close.)

I know it is absurd to sweat such small moves, especially when I plan to hold the shares for many many years. But perhaps it is part of the fun for me.

Anyway, to answer the original question of the thread, PM is what I'm most after right now. As I posted over here, I think PM has a ton going for it, and the recent pullback puts it at a price I am very comfortable with (quibbling over $86 versus $88 aside Smile).

Dividend Garden, I second Tom's question about KO. I feel like it is perpetually on my short list, but I never actually buy any shares because there is always something else that looks like a better value to me. If it gets close to 3 percent yield, I could see it breaking through for me.
Not sure how this site is set up! I bought some mcd the other day. Would I talk about that here or in the other thread specifically about mcdonalds? I love pm too Kerim.
Sadly, I think the sale on stocks is over already. With the Fed back-tracking from the tapering talk, we are back to up, up, and up from here. Not sure I'll be buying anything extra if that is the case. I think PM is still a value at today's prices. And I see that AFL pulled back a little today even though the market in general was up strongly. But nothing that inspires me to buy. Today, anyway. Confused

Donald Money -- I wouldn't worry too much about where you post at this point. (And welcome to the site, by the way.)

Tom