Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notable Quotes
I google it. June 27 2013.
If you google that quote and add Warren Buffet you will find a link that gives you a bunch of good quotes by him.

I love google.
I was reading on Seeking Alpha the other day and found a new quote to add to my portfolio business plan. I wasn't particularly enlightened by it because it was intuitive to me but it did state the concepts in a concise way and a twist on how I worded it when I taught small business accounting/bookkeeping. Maybe it will help the newbies here that haven't read a bunch of financial statements to understand what they are looking at:
  • "Financial statements are intended to tell us what a company has (the balance sheet) and what the firm did with what it has (the income statement). They also disclose what management has done with its cash (the statement of cash flows). We need to know these things because ultimately any investment's value is determined by how much cash it can generate for its investors, and how predictable (or unpredictable) this cash stream is."; Douglas Tengdin, CFA on Seeking Alpha, July 2015.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

From the 1978 Berkshire Hathaway shareholders letter:

Quote:Our policy is to concentrate holdings. We try to avoid buying a little of this or that when we are only lukewarm about the business or its price. When we are convinced as to attractiveness, we believe in buying worthwhile amounts.

http://www.berkshirehathaway.com/letters/1978.html