Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a Nugget I Read Today
Marketwatch had an article this morning entitled "6 Bad Reasons To Make Changes To Your Portfolio". Nothing spectacular to read although he did make some good points. However, at the end of it, there was this nugget:

Quote:That’s not to suggest that people invest cash they can’t afford to put at risk; there’s nothing wrong with taking risk off the table, especially at a time when the market makes you nervous, but if you are waiting for the “perfect” time to be in the market — when you are comfortable, confident and worry-free — you’re never going to find it.

It's going in the notable quotes section of my business plan. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

If you want to read the whole thing, it's located here.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(03-07-2015, 09:53 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Marketwatch had an article this morning entitled "6 Bad Reasons To Make Changes To Your Portfolio". Nothing spectacular to read although he did make some good points. However, at the end of it, there was this nugget:

Quote:That’s not to suggest that people invest cash they can’t afford to put at risk; there’s nothing wrong with taking risk off the table, especially at a time when the market makes you nervous, but if you are waiting for the “perfect” time to be in the market — when you are comfortable, confident and worry-free — you’re never going to find it.

It's going in the notable quotes section of my business plan. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

If you want to read the whole thing, it's located here.

Dividend Watcher,
What about starting a thread with notable quotes or favorite quotes from current articles or famous investors. Something I have been thinking about that might be of interest to readers and a handy reference in one place.

M$$I
(03-07-2015, 10:22 AM)Main Street Stock Investor Wrote: What about starting a thread with notable quotes or favorite quotes from current articles or famous investors.

+1
OK, I'll add mine but most are NOT from famous investment gurus. As I've said before, it's the nuggets I find from everyday folks that have more meaning to me. They also have to do with something I want to keep in MY mind to prevent me from being totally stupid. I'll create a new thread.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(03-07-2015, 10:58 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: OK, I'll add mine but most are NOT from famous investment gurus. As I've said before, it's the nuggets I find from everyday folks that have more meaning to me. They also have to do with something I want to keep in MY mind to prevent me from being totally stupid. I'll create a new thread.

Agree completely. I have a several page list of quotes from Seeking Alpha comments I keep track of on Google Docs.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha