Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think It Over And You'll Agree With Me
Marketwatch had an article about some of the nuggets from Buffet's latest letter to stockholders. Amongst it was this funny quote:

Quote:“If you’ve attended our annual meetings, you know Charlie has a wide-ranging brilliance, a prodigious memory, and some firm opinions. I’m not exactly wishy-washy myself, and we sometimes don’t agree. In 56 years, however, we’ve never had an argument. When we differ, Charlie usually ends the conversation by saying: ‘Warren, think it over and you’ll agree with me because you’re smart and I’m right."

Gave me a chuckle. Cool
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

That is a good one. Reminds me of a David Wilcox line that goes something like "Don't you just hate it when you're arguing with someone that you love and it's just taking them forever to realize that you're right?"
LOL.

I wouldn't recommend using this line with your significant other. Confused My wife had an interesting reply but this is a public forum so I'll let you figure it out.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

This is really good. Will sure try in some difficult situations.