Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did a little tweaking today.
GE's calls are not rich enough for my taste, and GE is too low growth with too much E&P related exposure given the cut back in CAPEX. The shares were cut loose today after a long run with many call sells. Replaced part of the shares with PFF, a decent quality, non levered preferred fund that yields over 5%. I had previously picked up shares of PCI with its 9% distribution, so this rounds out my modest exposure to debt related investment. After buying PFF, decided to cut loose TNP-B as a little too risky to hold on top of my TNK exposure. Also, negative price action has pulled the teeth out of my test of magic formula stocks. They have all been sold except ITRN. Most breached or approached my 10% sell trigger and I was in no mind to cost average down, preferring instead to realize fairly quick modest losses instead. The account is now about 44% in what are considered longer term positions, about 16% is in cash, with the balance in medium duration covered call plays and in one cash secured put contract for CCJ. As of today's close, portfolio is +1.5% YTD.

Long positions: BGCP CCJ COP DB DEM DLS ESV HCP HIMX IDV IRT KMI MRO OIH PCI PFF T TNK
Alex