Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct Stock Purchases (Company DRIP Programs)
Interesting way of investing.

I had an Exxon Drip plan back in the mid to late 90's--my first stock investment that I ever initiated, it eventually became my down payment on my first home. Afterwards, I moved to Vanguard in 1998 and have been with them ever since. Trades are $7 with no charges on Vanguard mutual fund purchases, when you get to a certain levels their fees drop. I don't do a lot of buys or sells so $7 doesn't kill me.

Loyal3 and Robinhood are new to me and are definitely worth a look. I noticed Loyal3 makes all trades once a day so the actual stock purchase price can vary significantly. What about when you put a sell a stock through Loyal3? Not sure if I like that scenario, because you might not be buying/selling what you expected as far as stock price. I glanced at Robinhood and didn't notice how BUYS go through? If Robinhood's purchases go through immediately I would highly consider them as a commission free brokerage account.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Direct Stock Purchases (Company DRIP Programs) - by rayray - 05-21-2015, 06:34 PM