Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roadmap2Retire
Portfolio update for Q3 2015: Saw 6 dividend increases, 12 additions - of which 2 are DRIPs and 5 new positions (1 coming from a spinoff (CCP)).

[Image: Q3-DG.png]
Nice to see all that yellow, R2R! I like how you formatted it.

Right now I have a page in my spreadsheet that lists the expected total payment and the month expected to be received. Since the values are all updated from the main page containing share count and forward dividend rate, it's pretty much automatic so I can look to see what's coming in the month(s) ahead. I have a column on the main page listing the date and amount of the last increase but then you hit the problem of the Canadian banks, railroads and some REITs that increase multiple times a year. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to format it so that I can get the information you have plus what I have without making the sheet unreadable and without adding another sheet to the document. Hmmmm ...

Two questions, R2R:

Do you own the companies on the lines that have no shading such as GE or T or are they just placeholders?

I notice that you have no Consumer Staples. Is that by preference or is it just pricing hasn't been cooperating for a long time now?
=====
How do they get the deer to cross at that yellow road sign?

Interesting setup, DW. I want to consolidate my sheets going forward as I have too many and everytime I make changes to my portfolio, I end up having to make changes in multiple places. This will probably be my focus on the administrative side for the next few weeks.

To answer your questions:
- Yes, I own the companies that have no shading (all companies listed here are my holdings). As you probably know that GE and T usually increase their dividends in December, so I expect to see a yellow box there, come December (hoping GE wont lose its streak)
- I would love to own/add more consumer staples but prices havent cooperated. So far, ADM is the only one which has done well for me. Looking forward to add more during the next recession.
Portfolio update - Final for 2015.

[Image: 2015-Annual-DG.png]
Just finished going through all the annual reports and 10-Ks to retrieve the geographical revenue details for all my holdings in 2015. As it stands, my current investments generate revenue from the following geographic regions. I am still a bit heavy on the home-bias front (Canada), but working slowly to reduce the bias over the course of years.

Read full post here >

[Image: Revenue-Divers-Changes.png]
(03-22-2016, 12:56 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Just finished going through all the annual reports and 10-Ks to retrieve the geographical revenue details for all my holdings in 2015. As it stands, my current investments generate revenue from the following geographic regions. I am still a bit heavy on the home-bias front (Canada), but working slowly to reduce the bias over the course of years.
Are you reducing exposure to Canada through new investment or selective reinvestment?
(03-22-2016, 05:35 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 12:56 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Just finished going through all the annual reports and 10-Ks to retrieve the geographical revenue details for all my holdings in 2015. As it stands, my current investments generate revenue from the following geographic regions. I am still a bit heavy on the home-bias front (Canada), but working slowly to reduce the bias over the course of years.
Are you reducing exposure to Canada through new investment or selective reinvestment?

A combination. I sold some ETFs that I held which were specifically invested in Canada. Also, in my wife's portfolio, we decided to bring down the Canadian ETF exposure by investing more in the international equities ETF.
(03-23-2016, 08:31 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 05:35 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:

A combination. I sold some ETFs that I held which were specifically invested in Canada. Also, in my wife's portfolio, we decided to bring down the Canadian ETF exposure by investing more in the international equities ETF.

Good plan.  I don't look at my portfolio by region that often, so it's interesting to me to see it analyzed this way.  In general, I just buy companies in US and the UK, in general.  And Switzerland.  Not planned that way, it's just how it's turned out.
Q1 2016 update: Saw 7 purchases (including 3 ETFs) and 1 sale. Total dividend increase announcements: 13!! Smile

[Image: Q1-Update-Div-Growth.png]
Nice update, Roadmap. We should see a lot of dividend increases in April & May as annual meetings take place.