Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My portfolio update:
Curious as to why you sold MSFT and MCD, was it simply to re-weight the portfolio a bit?

I think FLO was a good value here. There are some questions about the business and the pending lawsuit, but in the long run I think it will continue to be a good stock to own. Also hard to go wrong with AAPL as well. I don't know what price you paid, but it has had a nice move up here in the last few weeks.

As for staples, CVS, KR, and WBA look to be the most reasonably valued from my watch list.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-18-2016, 05:32 PM)DividendDragon Wrote: Just posting an update on my portfolio.

New positions are;

AAPL 
FLO

BT Group
Greggs 

Weight changes are;

MCD 50% Sold at $124 
MSFT 33% Sold at $54 

Sales are;

BP

Let me know what you think.
Suggestions are welcome!

Moving forward I'm looking to add more consumer staples.
I'm not looking at tech.

Tempted by;

DIS but low yield and poor £ to $ exchange is putting me off (not that things are going to improve anytime soon on the exchange front)
WFG

Where did you take the screenshot on your post (positions by weight)? It looks like stockrover but I can't find that info on stock rover myself.
(09-21-2016, 09:43 AM)Rasec Wrote:
(09-18-2016, 05:32 PM)DividendDragon Wrote: Just posting an update on my portfolio.

New positions are;

AAPL 
FLO

BT Group
Greggs 

Weight changes are;

MCD 50% Sold at $124 
MSFT 33% Sold at $54 

Sales are;

BP

Let me know what you think.
Suggestions are welcome!

Moving forward I'm looking to add more consumer staples.
I'm not looking at tech.

Tempted by;

DIS but low yield and poor £ to $ exchange is putting me off (not that things are going to improve anytime soon on the exchange front)
WFG

Where did you take the screenshot on your post (positions by weight)? It looks like stockrover but I can't find that info on stock rover myself.

It's on a UK platform called 'HL'
(09-21-2016, 08:30 AM)EricL Wrote: Curious as to why you sold MSFT and MCD, was it simply to re-weight the portfolio a bit?

I think FLO was a good value here. There are some questions about the business and the pending lawsuit, but in the long run I think it will continue to be a good stock to own. Also hard to go wrong with AAPL as well. I don't know what price you paid, but it has had a nice move up here in the last few weeks.

As for staples, CVS, KR, and WBA look to be the most reasonably valued from my watch list.

I managed to get AAPL for $92!

I sold 50% of MCD because I felt the company became overvalued and there were opportunities elsewhere.
I sold 33% of MSFT because I bought into AAPL and wanted some balance, plus it was pushing its value.

I don't really like to hold a load of tech!

I really hadn't considered CVA or WBA, so I'll take a look for my next positions.
I already hold a UK company (LSE:NXT) That's similar to KR so I don't like adding there.

I'm wishing some consumer staples would come down, them I love!

Thanks so much for the feedback!
Dr. Pepper (DPS) and Church & Dwight (CHD) are some higher growth consumer staples that have treated me quite well. However, they too are pretty expensive right now.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-22-2016, 08:08 AM)EricL Wrote: Dr. Pepper (DPS) and Church & Dwight (CHD) are some higher growth consumer staples that have treated me quite well. However, they too are pretty expensive right now.

Agreed.  I love DPS, but I can't buy it at these levels.  Not when DIS, NKE, and BF.b are are near the lower end of their 52 week averages.