Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy New Year!
Wishing everyone an excellent new year filled with generous and rising dividends!

Anyone want to share any resolutions? I'm going to keep trying to get back into shape and going to read more books!
Same to you and thanks for the site.

I don't have a resolution this year as I quit smoking in May, I go to the gym everyday and life is good.

Get in shape as soon as you can.
Some of my favorite books are by Baldachi.

If anything, I would like to learn more about solid investing.

Happy New Year everyone.
Happy New Year Karim and all forum members. I have already prepared my goals for 2015 portfolio growth and management. I continue to build and upgrade my positions in various dividend achiever and dividend aristocrat stocks in 3 portfolios. I will be attending the World Money Show in Orlando, Feb 4-8th and will attend one or two additional trading and options conferences in 2015 to promote my book "Main Street Stock Investor".
Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year!
I don't make resolutions but a friend and I are going to try to start quitting tomorrow. Good for you, Jimbo!

We got our 2nd grandchild in 2014, my wife kicked cancer's ass last summer, my son had a successful first semester and is still enthused about school and my 1st grandchild called me 'Grandpa' for the first time this Christmas. Big Grin I don't know how 2015 is going to top that.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2015!
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Happy New Year to all! I don't post much, but enjoy reading. I'll attempt to post a little more in the coming year.

Just completed my 2015 IRA deposit for the year Smile. It is a tradition for me, and means the new year is off to a good start.
(12-31-2014, 11:33 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: I don't make resolutions but a friend and I are going to try to start quitting tomorrow. Good for you, Jimbo!

We got our 2nd grandchild in 2014, my wife kicked cancer's ass last summer, my son had a successful first semester and is still enthused about school and my 1st grandchild called me 'Grandpa' for the first time this Christmas. Big Grin I don't know how 2015 is going to top that.

Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2015!

Dont TRY, (as nike says) just do it. force yourself, will be tough at the start, dont give in, best of luck to you, YOU CAN DO IT..

If your wife can kick cancers azz, you can kick the sticks..
Happy New Year! My resolution is to buy quality. Also, to try to be less distracted by my phone, including those Seeking Alpha notifications and watching the market throughout the day.

Regarding buying quality, right now I'm reading a great book called The Outsiders by William Thorndike, about a group of outstanding CEOs and how they used superior capital allocation to produce incredible returns for shareholders. This book is solely about capital allocation, but there are of course many other, less quantitative aspects to great management, which I will also try to learn to recognize.

Regarding being less distracted, on my reading list is The Organized Mind by Daniel Levitin, about how information overload affects our brains and how multitasking destroys our ability to do anything well. In a radio interview he talked about how the ability to stay focused is a more powerful predictor of success than intelligence, education, social privilege, or anything else you might expect.

Also trying to finish Berkshire Hathaway's letters to shareholders.