Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NDSN
Today I started a position in Nordson, a 51-year dividend grower with a high DGR (20% or high teens, depending on where you look). Given the dividend growth streak, they don't get much coverage. They make dispensing equipment for adhesives, fluids, paints, etc., such as the glue on paper boxes, circuit board assembly, etc. Their investor presentation has a nice breakout of their capital allocation strategy, and about half their working capital goes to acquisitions. I'm pretty excited about this as a new SWAN holding.

http://www.nordson.com/en-us/about-nords...MASTER.pdf
Dan, I did a quick scan of the stats on the CCC list and Yahoo summary & stats. I was wondering why I missed this in my monthly David Fish readings and then noticed the 1% yield. Huh It keeps getting screened out.

Debt reasonable, nice current ratio, analysts expect double digit growth for the next few years, dividend growth rate in the teens for the 1/3/5 year periods, low payout ratio. I liked the product mix and geographic diversity as well. Looks somewhat like ITW without the name recognition. I think you did well here.

Wouldn't work so well for an old fart like me but I'm going to keep an eye on it during the next downturn. Maybe I can snag some at a higher yield point.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Good point, if I'm going to own Nordson I should also take a good look at ITW.
DCI is another super solid Champion that is usually under the radar due to yield

[Image: fBB0tyW.png]