Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ultimate Dividend Playbook by Josh Peters
Ordered it today. I like his Morningstar articles and i'm too cheap to subscribe to the newsletter.

Has anyone read it? Thoughts on the book and/or newsletter?

It seems to have good reviews and Amazon and the price is pretty low.

-Alexg
I'd appreciate your thoughts once you get it. I've been interested in purchasing that book but considering the stacks I have piled around the house, I'm not sure my wife would appreciate getting another book to add. For all I read, I find there are very few that find a home on my bookshelves as long-term keepers.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I like your blog alexg. Pretty knowledgeable for just getting started and only 2 stocks in your portfolio. Do you plan to diversify across sectors? XOM was a great buy in Oct.

M$$I
Dividend Watcher:
Sure will write a review. I know what you mean regarding the stacks, I was like that before my wife began to complain. So I decided to sell them through Amazon or simply donate them to the local library. I'm pretty short on time these days, but I want to get in the habit of reading again (I love reading) so i'm trying to wake up earlier.

M$$I: Thanks. Diversify? Of course. But right now, the bargains "appear" to be in the energy sector. Miners also look pretty bad but I haven't found a miner with consistent earnings and dividends.
(11-06-2014, 08:18 AM)alexg Wrote: Dividend Watcher:
Sure will write a review. I know what you mean regarding the stacks, I was like that before my wife began to complain. So I decided to sell them through Amazon or simply donate them to the local library. I'm pretty short on time these days, but I want to get in the habit of reading again (I love reading) so i'm trying to wake up earlier.

M$$I: Thanks. Diversify? Of course. But right now, the bargains "appear" to be in the energy sector. Miners also look pretty bad but I haven't found a miner with consistent earnings and dividends.
BHP is probably the most stable miner you can find.
You can borrow it from your County Library if available.
I just found a copy in my library and put it on Hold.