Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on MCHP, EMR, BA & PX. Looking to pick 2.
Hey guys fairly new investor, still working on fleshing out my portfolio, was considering buys on either MCHP, EMR, BA or PX. Anyone have thoughts on these? My portfolio is fairly well mixed across sectors, so that is not a big concern.
As compared to their average PE's & BV's they all look to be similarly close to fair value, with MCHP having the biggest yield and PX having the lowest.

Anyone with thoughts or preferences on these as related to their own investment style?
MCHP dividend growth has slowed to a crawl the last few years (<2%) and with the payout ratio hovering around 70%, I don't expect much zing for a while. Good product and a leader in their analog controller field. Don't see much impetus to move the stock in the near to mid-future without some major new product field taking off.

EMR looks to me to be fairly valued to slightly above. Good, consistent company that got called away from me during the recession. I would've bought some in the dip a couple weeks ago but I have money earmarked for GE if it hits my limit order and I prefer the higher yield right now at my age. They just increased the dividend.

PX I haven't looked at in a while. They've given APD a run for their money in the past but right now the P/E looks a little steep for their sub-10% growth lately. At a better price I'd be interested. Great company not talked about much.

BA, no clue since I've never researched it but a lot like it. I'd prefer UTX, especially after the Goodrich purchase, but that's only my opinion.

Of the four, I'd only be willing to plunk down cash for EMR right here, right now but again, I have the money earmarked and the yield is lower than I'd like. For you younger folks ...
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan