Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You Suck (Well, Not Us That Frequent DGF)
There was an article on Yahoo! Finance today about how the average investor doesn't stay in the market & buys high/sells low. We all know that story and us DGFers know better. The link is there in case anyone wants to read it.

The humorous part was in the middle of the article where they discussed the long term returns of the market and various sectors. I'll just show it rather describe it. It is NOT retouched in any way.

Fortunately, we're not average. Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Absolute gold!

I must admit that when I first started investing this was definitely me! Buying 'hot pick' stocks and panic selling when they declined only to see them outperform later on.

BUT I"m glad that this happened to me as now I know better and at 21 can focus all my future efforts on DGI having been scared from my fray with the overinflated 'hot pick' stocks that The Motley Fool often dub as the next AAPL!
(10-27-2014, 04:22 PM)Lewys120 Wrote: Absolute gold!

I must admit that when I first started investing this was definitely me! Buying 'hot pick' stocks and panic selling when they declined only to see them outperform later on.

BUT I"m glad that this happened to me as now I know better and at 21 can focus all my future efforts on DGI having been scared from my fray with the overinflated 'hot pick' stocks that The Motley Fool often dub as the next AAPL!
Lewys, Not too worry, not all will admit it but most of us have tried a shot at that "hot tip".
I for one have been burned on a few, though I mostly looked at it as a "chance".
Now that we have our heads screwed on a little better and with age and the help of this forum and the people on it, now we can get on the right track. For you being young I say bravo to you.
Keep up the good work and the questions, I love reading most of the responses.
Jim
Not only funny, but that is pretty interesting. Most people would have done better with all of their money in gold??
They can write out EM Sovereign Debt (USD) but not Health Care or Industrials?

Study seems flawed Dodgy