Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YCharts
My trial period is about to end for YCharts.

My primary use has been to look at historical data in chart form and how current metrics compare.

They have 3 payment tiers, with the cheapest being $40 / month billed annually. I get my screening needs from stockrover so I don't need their 2nd tier which is $100 / month.

Anyone else paying for any of the tiers? ~$500 / year is quite pricey in my opinion.

Thoughts?
When my trial period ended I decided that saving $40/month would be more accretive to my earnings than having the benefit of their info. I don't know if that's actually true, I just didn't want to start spending the money.

Things like earnings and revenue growth and historical share count can probably be found through your broker.

Historical valuation metrics are a little trickier, but I get by with the FAST graphs that other people post on Seeking Alpha.
Same here. $40 per month is just too rich for me for what they offer. And my analysis is not so deep that I desperately need their tools. What I liked most was the longer history that you get with membership, but my analysis heavily emphasizes the last five years anyway, and much of that information is freely available, from Ycharts and elsewhere. I think they could clean up with a $5/month tier that doesn't offer anything fancy except the longer history.
$40 per month would be too high for me as well. I spend $10 per month on FAST Graphs and that is the only pay site I subscribe to.

There is so much free information available on the internet, I would have a hard time paying much more than that.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha