Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Los Angeles
Wink 
My name is Alexg and I just joined. I found this forum via Dividend Mantra, which has really motivated me to start saving and investing in dividend stocks.

Its time to get serious as i'm finding the more money I make at work, the more I spend. Sometimes I think I overspend which feels good in the short term, but sucks in the long term.

So for now, I plan to track my savings % and my investments. I also started a blog which is a day old. If any of you want to network, feel free to contact me whenever.

-Alexg
cheers!!
http://focusondividends.com/
Welcome, alexg. Pull up a chair and share the popcorn. Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Another fan of Dividend Mantra, I see. I love that blog, read it a lot. I even wrote an article partly about Jason which he put on his Media page (it's labelled "Infobarrel").

Welcome, Alexg. Make yourself at home here. I'm definitely glad I joined this site. Everyone's pretty cool and willing to help. I checked out your linked site, too. Did you switch your value investing blog over to focusondividends.com, or is that site still out there? I'm curious to check out both.
Welcome Alexg! Glad you've joined us!
Welcome, Alexg. I'll be sure to follow along your journey.

Best wishes
Thanks for the welcome. I bought XOM yesterday and i'm already planning my next purchase.

My simple strategy:
-Find stocks that have a history of paying and growing dividends.
- Have a low P/E

I don't plan on getting fancy. I'm just going based on the work of Benjamin Graham and David Dreman. I plan to save and invest on a monthly basis til i'm super duper rich Wink
Welcome to the forum. I had the same experience with spending as much money as I could make. Over the last 6 years my income has doubled, and in the same period of time my monthly savings went from $0 to... well, it also doubled.

Fortunately I discovered dividend growth investing, started saving money and getting rid of stuff. Things are better this way.
Welcome--fun and intelligent crew here!

Ronn
Welcome/Croeso from Wales in the UK

Be sure to post your background and long term plan, retirement age plan e.t.c so we can have some perspective while commenting Smile

I knew very little before joining this forum and had made some disastrous buys, some I'm still dealing with the legacy of! But the base of knowledge here has set me on the right track and given me the confidence to make my own financial decissions to gain financial independence

Welcome aboard