Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RapidAcid Portfolio
(10-22-2014, 08:48 AM)benjamen Wrote: Do you use the free or paid version of stock rover? How useful is the free version?

I upgraded to paid within 24h of first using it. I didn't do it for reasons of missing out on options, but instead to make sure I was supporting a product I actually believed in and wanted to make sure I did as much as I could to see them succeed in the future.

Ultimately it was for selfish reasons as I want to continue using the tool to help myself. Aside from Dropbox, Netflix and Amazon Prime I'm not sure there's another recurring online service I value highly enough to pay for.

Looking at the diff from basic -> premium here https://www.stockrover.com/subscription.html I would pay for premium for the Quant Screener line item alone.

I think it'd be a bargain at 5x the price.

You can import / export quant screeners so I have a bit of a pipe dream that if enough of us use the tool we can compare + contrast our screeners, hopefully making us all better investors.

Edit: Screener import / export is just text. Here is the text of the main screener I use for quantifying equities.

Code:
Stock Rover Screen 1.0
Combined
{"description":"RapidAcid's Combined Quant Screener. Heavy emphasis is placed on current dividend yield and 5 year CAGR dividend % increase. ROIC is also heavily weighted, but it is noted that ROIC is limited without a WACC calculation. I have put in the feature request for a WACC column."}
{"name":"Combined","filterData":[{"field":"dividend_yield","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":2.4}],"weight":15,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"chowder_rule","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":10}]},{"field":"dividend_5_year","data":[],"weight":15,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"ev_ebitda","data":[],"weight":10,"selectOrder":"Lowest"},{"field":"free_cashflow_yield","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":0}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"payout_ratio","data":[],"weight":10,"selectOrder":"Lowest"},{"field":"quick_ratio","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":1}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"roic","data":[],"weight":30,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"pe","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"lt","value":20}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Lowest"},{"field":"forward_pe","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"lt","value":20}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Lowest"}],"description":"RapidAcid's Combined Quant Screener. Heavy emphasis is placed on current dividend yield and 5 year CAGR dividend % increase. ROIC is also heavily weighted, but it is noted that ROIC is limited without a WACC calculation. I have put in the feature request for a WACC column.","limit":100,"quant":true}
*===================================================*

Combined
RapidAcid's Combined Quant Screener. Heavy emphasis is placed on current dividend yield and 5 year CAGR dividend % increase. ROIC is also heavily weighted, but it is noted that ROIC is limited without a WACC calculation. I have put in the feature request for a WACC column.

Criteria:
Dividend Yield > 2.4
Chowder Rule 5-Year Percent > 10
Free Cash Flow Yield > 0
Quick Ratio > 1
Price / Earnings < 20
Forward P/E < 20

Quant Rankings:
Highest  Dividend Yield  15%
Highest  Dividend 5-Year Avg (%)  15%
Highest  Free Cash Flow Yield  5%
Highest  Quick Ratio  5%