Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RapidAcid Portfolio
Below is a snapshot of my Dividend Growth Portfolio. The portfolio contains 66 equities, all of whom pay a dividend.

Most equities are DGI stalwarts ( PG, KO, JNJ ), but quite a few are stocks I've discovered from excessive screening and quantifying that I don't see mentioned too often, perhaps for good reason ( INGR, CALM, MHG, ARLP, CBRL, RGR, KLAC, MON, ABDNF )

Am I completely happy with the current makeup and diversification? No. Am I content? Absolutely.

I look forward to checking the calendar to see if it's either an earnings day or a dividend payment day. I appreciate the patience and discipline DGI instills in me, to wait until enough dividend payments have accrued to make the next purchases in my best ideas at the time. I like talking about DGI and adding others ideas to my own.

Questions, comments + concerns welcome.

[Image: efqKLYr.png]

[Image: M2bHSlb.png]

[Image: DCA2Fgz.png]
Nice mix of stocks - although thats a lot of companies to keep track of. Some companies are new to me, so gives me something to look into.

I like the breakdown between the cyclical/sensitive/defensive stocks. Which service do you use?
RA, nice list. A little too big for me but if it works for you, good on ya.

Don't know anything about the KMx family but everyone talks about it.

BASFY? Is that one of your speculative plays?

CALM, the only thing I'd be worried about is that they keep making money. I held it in the Great Recession but when they changed the dividend policy to a % of earnings, I sold at a profit and moved on.

I like how you organized by sector and also by how the business was classified. Is that a Morningstar portfolio tracking perk available to subscribers?

Thanks for sharing.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

On the topic of keeping track of equities I use a site called stockrover.com that I use for both my portfolio tracking and screening. It has been a revelation and gives me incredible insight into my portfolio performance and power to find the next best idea.

[Image: ODFW8HS.png]

Creating new screeners and applying weights to each metric is incredibly easy:

[Image: 3w08IRy.png]

I then use the output of that screen, which ranks the equities according to my weights, for ideas about where I should be allocating new money.

Between instant article alerts on seekingalpha.com for all of my positions, stockrover.com screening, ideas here, my lineup of news site + blogs, plus normal due dilligence I don't feel overwhelmed at all. I enjoy the work involved so that helps.

-----------

The sector charts are indeed part of the Morningstar portfolio tools.

BASFY: $82B market cap, 3.1% yield, 12.2% CAGR 5 yr dividend % increase, 36% payout ratio, Morningstar 3 star stock. I don't consider that speculative but I'm willing to dive deeper into a certain aspect of the company if you'd like.

CALM: Egg production in the US is turning into an oligopoly. Making more money -> more retained earnings -> more dividends. 40% payout of more every year is more right? I like the company but I'd also like to understand your POV.
Do you use the free or paid version of stock rover? How useful is the free version?
@Benjamen

I registered for the free version and it's brilliant!

So clear and easy to use. Took me all of 5mins to figure it out. It also has great Tablet and Mobile compatibility.
Looks interesting, may have another toy to play with here!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(10-22-2014, 08:48 AM)benjamen Wrote: Do you use the free or paid version of stock rover? How useful is the free version?

I upgraded to paid within 24h of first using it. I didn't do it for reasons of missing out on options, but instead to make sure I was supporting a product I actually believed in and wanted to make sure I did as much as I could to see them succeed in the future.

Ultimately it was for selfish reasons as I want to continue using the tool to help myself. Aside from Dropbox, Netflix and Amazon Prime I'm not sure there's another recurring online service I value highly enough to pay for.

Looking at the diff from basic -> premium here https://www.stockrover.com/subscription.html I would pay for premium for the Quant Screener line item alone.

I think it'd be a bargain at 5x the price.

You can import / export quant screeners so I have a bit of a pipe dream that if enough of us use the tool we can compare + contrast our screeners, hopefully making us all better investors.

Edit: Screener import / export is just text. Here is the text of the main screener I use for quantifying equities.

Code:
Stock Rover Screen 1.0
Combined
{"description":"RapidAcid's Combined Quant Screener. Heavy emphasis is placed on current dividend yield and 5 year CAGR dividend % increase. ROIC is also heavily weighted, but it is noted that ROIC is limited without a WACC calculation. I have put in the feature request for a WACC column."}
{"name":"Combined","filterData":[{"field":"dividend_yield","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":2.4}],"weight":15,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"chowder_rule","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":10}]},{"field":"dividend_5_year","data":[],"weight":15,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"ev_ebitda","data":[],"weight":10,"selectOrder":"Lowest"},{"field":"free_cashflow_yield","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":0}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"payout_ratio","data":[],"weight":10,"selectOrder":"Lowest"},{"field":"quick_ratio","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"gt","value":1}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"roic","data":[],"weight":30,"selectOrder":"Highest"},{"field":"pe","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"lt","value":20}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Lowest"},{"field":"forward_pe","data":[{"type":"numeric","comparison":"lt","value":20}],"weight":5,"selectOrder":"Lowest"}],"description":"RapidAcid's Combined Quant Screener. Heavy emphasis is placed on current dividend yield and 5 year CAGR dividend % increase. ROIC is also heavily weighted, but it is noted that ROIC is limited without a WACC calculation. I have put in the feature request for a WACC column.","limit":100,"quant":true}
*===================================================*

Combined
RapidAcid's Combined Quant Screener. Heavy emphasis is placed on current dividend yield and 5 year CAGR dividend % increase. ROIC is also heavily weighted, but it is noted that ROIC is limited without a WACC calculation. I have put in the feature request for a WACC column.

Criteria:
Dividend Yield > 2.4
Chowder Rule 5-Year Percent > 10
Free Cash Flow Yield > 0
Quick Ratio > 1
Price / Earnings < 20
Forward P/E < 20

Quant Rankings:
Highest  Dividend Yield  15%
Highest  Dividend 5-Year Avg (%)  15%
Highest  Free Cash Flow Yield  5%
Highest  Quick Ratio  5%
Highest  ROIC  30%
Lowest  EV / EBITDA  10%
Lowest  Forward P/E  5%
Lowest  Payout Ratio  10%
Lowest  Price / Earnings  5%
For some unknown reason I've started a blog. Check it out if that's your thing!

Cash Oiled Machine
(03-13-2015, 11:57 AM)rapidacid Wrote: For some unknown reason I've started a blog. Check it out if that's your thing!

Cash Oiled Machine

Looks really good, Rapid! I love your "Money Makes Money" subtitle!

And thanks much for the shout out.
(03-13-2015, 11:57 AM)rapidacid Wrote: For some unknown reason I've started a blog. Check it out if that's your thing!

Cash Oiled Machine

Interesting, I've never considered lending club, and I didn't even know you could get into private equity as a small time investor. Nice departure from the standard cookie cutter DGI blog.
Welcome to the blogging world, rapid.

Followed you on Twitter and will be keeping tabs on your blog

cheers
R2R